[Old release notes topic]

This topic has been archived. Every release now has its own topic.

We’ll be using this topic to post release notes for new releases. Please use the various troubleshooting threads if you encounter problems during or after updating.

Relevant links:

Edge release 2019/07/10

Firmware release date: 2019/07/10

This release adds some usability improvements, and fixes an annoying bug in the firmware.

An oft-requested feature was for the Step view widget to display which step already has been applied.
Note that this is independent from whether you actually clicked the button: it will consider the step active if applying it would not change anything.

The firmware had a bug where if the Spark couldn’t find the network, it would retry before the previous search was finished. This would significantly slow down everything.

Changes

Firmware

• Fixed a bug where the controller becomes very slow if Wifi is unavailable.
  • Changed filter implementation in Setpoint.
    • The filter levels themselves have changed
    • The filter levels are available simultaneously
  • Independent PID derivative filter
    • The derivative is now taken from an automatically selected filter level, so it is indepedent of the filter chosen.
    • The proportional part of the calculation uses the selected filter, but can now be set much shorter.
  • Changing PID Kp now does not affect integral output (it also scaled to keep the same output)
  • More accurate calculation of achieved PWM value. This resolves apparent peaks at the start of the cycle.
  • Update interval tracking and adjustment for PID and filter to the average interval is exactly 1 second

User interface

• Improved display of pending state in Digital Actuators and Motor Valves.
    • State is pending if one or more constraints block it.
    • A spinner is displayed over the desired state.
    • If the actuator is not driven, you can toggle the state back to the (non-constrained) setting.
    • A tooltip displays which constraint is currently blocking the state change.
  • The Graph now displays a message if no data is available for the current settings.
  • The “Apply Step” button is colored green if the step is currently active (matches the current state).
  • If a value was changed during the Step view prompt, it is persisted in settings.
  • Changed multiple parts in Process View:
    • Split the Pump in two parts: Pump, and PWM Pump.
    • Pump can be either manual, or linked to a digital actuator.
    • PWM pump is linked to a PWM (big surprise), and will turn slower/faster depending on PWM setting.
    • Actuator Valve can now also be linked to a Digital Actuator.
  • Display settings are reset when removing all service blocks.
8 Likes

Added a documentation page for connection / discovery arguments: https://brewblox.netlify.com/user/connect_settings.html

This hopefully explains how to combine the various arguments that modify how the service discovers and connects to controllers.

Liking the update the graph functions are great, works perfectly, for me anyway.

One question, you knew it was coming, is there a way of making just the graph widget full screen?

Dave.

Not right now. We’ll probably implement it soon-ish, but it wasn’t deemed critical.

Do you mean a button to open the chart of a graph widget in a full screen popup, similar to the chart button on the other widgets? I agree that we should add it.

If you mean having a full page chart at all times, you can get pretty close by resizing the chart widget to take up the entire dashboard and closing the left menu panel.

Yes that’s the one. I do run it as big as it will go but it’s just not as “clean”

Thanks.

Bob,

The display setting widget reverts back to Celsius immediately after setting Fahrenheit as the temperature

Did you flash the firmware during the update?

If out of date firmware isn’t the issue, please retry changing to fahrenheit, and then run brewblox-ctl log

1 Like

Skipped over the flash part. Working fine now.

Thanks

Adding to your long list of things … On the graph, would it be possible to add a programable preset function so you could switch views without going into the settings function? For example you could program in current 24hrs as a view and also current week as a view etc. and switch between them with a “button”

Would this specifically be for the displayed time period, or also for the other settings?

My BrewPi is currently solely used to control fermentation, for me at this point it would be just for the view of the graph. I know it is possible to do these things now but with programmable buttons on the graph widget it would be very user friendly.

Perhaps we can just add some small buttons next to the dropdown: 1h, 6h, 1d, 7d, 14d.
Open question is whether this should change the setting or be a temporary view change.

@Trig both issues (full-screen display of graph widget, and display time presets) are resolved, and will be present in the next release.

That’s great news Bob, thanks!

Added new release notes.

Awesome, looking forward to the brewery drag’n drop, and hopefully soon valve control so i can set it all up :slight_smile:

New graph function is great!
Just a slight issue, despite the system working as it should I now have these error messages on some blocks

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 12.39.46 PM
When enable is selected it just jumps back with the blue message again. The constraints on the fridge offset after the update appeared as -20 and 20. I have changed them back to 10 respectively. Have I missed something?

In addition to my last, I find I can’t now change the beer set point, the numbers won’t open up when selected and the fridge offset constraints have changed back to -20 and 20. Tried a reboot and re run the update without success.