Firmware release date: 2019/07/10
This release adds some usability improvements, and fixes an annoying bug in the firmware.
An oft-requested feature was for the Step view widget to display which step already has been applied.
Note that this is independent from whether you actually clicked the button: it will consider the step active if applying it would not change anything.
The firmware had a bug where if the Spark couldn’t find the network, it would retry before the previous search was finished. This would significantly slow down everything.
- Fixed a bug where the controller becomes very slow if Wifi is unavailable.
- Changed filter implementation in Setpoint.
- The filter levels themselves have changed
- The filter levels are available simultaneously
- Independent PID derivative filter
- The derivative is now taken from an automatically selected filter level, so it is indepedent of the filter chosen.
- The proportional part of the calculation uses the selected filter, but can now be set much shorter.
- Changing PID Kp now does not affect integral output (it also scaled to keep the same output)
- More accurate calculation of achieved PWM value. This resolves apparent peaks at the start of the cycle.
- Update interval tracking and adjustment for PID and filter to the average interval is exactly 1 second
- Improved display of pending state in Digital Actuators and Motor Valves.
- State is pending if one or more constraints block it.
- A spinner is displayed over the desired state.
- If the actuator is not driven, you can toggle the state back to the (non-constrained) setting.
- A tooltip displays which constraint is currently blocking the state change.
- The Graph now displays a message if no data is available for the current settings.
- The “Apply Step” button is colored green if the step is currently active (matches the current state).
- If a value was changed during the Step view prompt, it is persisted in settings.
- Changed multiple parts in Process View:
- Split the Pump in two parts: Pump, and PWM Pump.
- Pump can be either manual, or linked to a digital actuator.
- PWM pump is linked to a PWM (big surprise), and will turn slower/faster depending on PWM setting.
- Actuator Valve can now also be linked to a Digital Actuator.
- Display settings are reset when removing all service blocks.
We have created a new category on the forum for release notes and from now on will create a new topic for each release to make it easier to discuss the changes.