Software progress

RIMS tube is waiting for a test run as soon as this is released;)

Ohh… I am soooooo w8ing…

I am also waiting for this release to see where brewpi is heading :smile:
If it looks promising I will surely click buy in the shop.

I think brewpi is one of the most interesting e-brew projects for the homebrewer out there. It has a huge potential. The blog looks like it needs an update, for instance on how to install and how the connections should be on the connector and such. Please don’t loose focus by making all sorts of hardware like counterflow chillers and other gadgets that others do so well. :wink:

yeahhh, I am so much hopping that part of the multichamber-support has made it in the upcomming release. but I also understand that this is not the main part about this release.

Have to disappoint you chixxi, this release brings PWM, which makes BrewPi suitable for mashing. There are not many changes to the web interface. Almost all changes are in firmware.

What this release brings is better control and PWM outputs.

There is a lot of groundwork in this release to run multiple control loops, but it is not ready yet for the much more difficult interfacing/configuration and the new UI.

I expect to release tomorrow.

To bad, I was hopping because of this post from you. But I understand. I just hope this gets a good priority, when looking at all the things you are working on at the moment I am sometimes afraid that it will take long. The reason I am in such a hurry is that my BrewBit is dying, but maybe I’ll just setup more spark until then. Thanks for the good work!

Are there any advantages within the upcomming release for fermentation control or is this only good for mashing?

I have some groundwork in there for controlling that second heater, but I don’t want it to hold up the release. I do plan to make it part of the release after this one.

1 Like

Thank you! I really do understand, this was no complaint at all. The guys waiting for pwm would propably kill me if you’d hold up the release :wink:

Is there any timeline for multiple control loops? Right now i am trying the new version 0.4.0 as fermentation controller in a test environment to see how stable it is. Next week i will test out the mashing functionality with around 60liter of liquid and around 6Kw heaters, But my intension would be to have separate probes and outputs to measure and control the fermentation and at the same time use the same Brewpi for mashing with its own tempprobes and outputs to control the mashing heaters.

Right now ther are lots of settings that needs to be changed and moved to change between the modes.

Ok. Today i received and installed a new TFT for my broken touch, Changed my spark to a Photon to be more future ready, and connected the SSR Expansion module which is working great.

Now i am eagerly waiting for multiple control loops :smile:

1 Like

0.5.x will feature multiple control loops, as it’s going to be based on my ControlBox firmware which provides multiple control loops.

4 Likes

Is there an estimate on when 0.5.x will arrive? I have a second fermenter I plan on lagering in that needs some Brewpi brains.

1 Like

I would like to know when a new web interface will arrive. as we are getting all the new software features, the web interface or GUI to me is getting left behind.

Not really: Web Stack Help Wanted

But they will need time, it is a huge change.

This is near and dear to my heart; before the end of March I need to put both my fermenters on my glycol loop so I can lager two at once for Oktoberfest beers. If BrewPi isn’t ready for multi fermenters by then I’ll have to do the cheap controller route. I completely understand that these things take time, and if it isn’t ready, it isn’t ready, but I would like to know which direction I should be planning for.

Right now I’ve got my chest freezer running off cheap controllers, and it swings wildly +/- 1F versus my BrewPi controlled fridge which runs +/- 0.1F.

Bret

@Elco and @mdma I can see regular commits going into branches on Github so I know you are beavering away but any chance of a plain English update on this thread as to where things are please? Will the next release be 5.x and what is locked in in terms of features and fixes?

Really wowed by the project and hoping that I have jumped in at the right time, although even one chamber tight fermentation control seems a big step up from the STC-1000 asset the moment, especially with Brewometer integration stuff I have seen (glad you guys seem open to the benefits of additional data from other sources in your rewrite as it opens up some great possibilities).

1 Like

A lot has been happening indeed, but we are still quite far away from a release.

I’m on holiday now, so the update on what we’re building will have to wait until I’m back. :tent::beer:

Ah! Well enjoy it wherever you are and I hope you come back feeling refreshed and recharged.

Back from holidays yet? :wink:
I would love an update on where the brewpi development is now and where its headed :slight_smile:

Would love to see an update on the software progress Elco.