GUI showing incorrect temp?

So got my BrewPi all set up doing a test run. On the touch screen the sensors read room temperature they are about the same measurements. However in the Web based GUI the sensors always record a value that is 2 C warmer than the temperature shown on the touch screen.

Also when setting a profile to 20, the beer setting on the graph is set to 22. (which means on the touch screen it reaches 20.

So I suppose the beer is getting to the correct temperature, however my graph is out by exactly 2 degrees. Is anyone having a similar problem?

Ive also noted the following in the log

Mar 30 2015 06:04:56 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288AAA7306000044
Mar 30 2015 06:04:56 Arduino debug message: INFO MESSAGE 0: Temp sensor connected on pin 0, address 288AAA7306000044
Mar 30 2015 06:24:58 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288AAA7306000088
Mar 30 2015 07:07:55 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288AAA7306000044
Mar 30 2015 07:07:56 Arduino debug message: INFO MESSAGE 0: Temp sensor connected on pin 0, address 288AAA7306000044
Mar 30 2015 07:14:04 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288AAA7306000088
Mar 30 2015 07:34:26 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288EE0E60C0000F6
Mar 30 2015 07:39:52 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288AAA7306000084
Mar 30 2015 07:42:53 Arduino debug message: WARNING 2: Temperature sensor disconnected pin 0, address 288E7073060000FB

The only sensor that I had connected are 288AAA7306000044 and 288E70730600007B

The error randomly regularly overnight.

Thanks for reporting! This is indeed strange and we will be looking at this closely.

thanks @mdma

If you need further log files let me know. Do other receive similar errors with either the temperature being out by this amount or the temperature sensors?

I also noticed that the LCD text in the corner has a bug that when you are waiting for a peak, it reads 18h12m15 (see below)

so after trying a clean install… of my rPi, the temp set in the profile is correct on the graph and in the lcd text, however all temp sensors are out by +0.5 degrees C

getting close, I might try another clean install again and maybe i’ll get lucky! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d advise not to look at the display - the display is showing the current live sensor value, while the LCD and graph show the filtered sensor value which accumulates values over several minutes. The display is meant only for checking the device functions. Once that’s done, ignore the display for the time being.

We’ll release a version soon with a display that shows the same as on the emulated LCD.

mdma / Elco,

I had been thinking of starting down the path toward BrewPi-controlled mashing by initially just monitoring temps by using threaded OneWire temperature sensors on the MLT and HLT outlets. I wasn’t even planning to set a temp profile or otherwise rely on the GUI, but rather to just consult the Spark’s display and decide when to turn the heat on / off. In other words: Human PID controller.

But your statement above “I’d advise not to look at the display…emulated LCD accumulates values over several minutes” makes me wonder if I should not attempt H-PID just yet and wait until mashing is more officially supported.

Thoughts?

You can try it - it’s just a conservative warning that the temperature on the display and the temperature in the web UI are from difference sources, and so can be different.

I’m having a similar, but slightly different strange behavior here.

The on device display and sensor readings within the device configuration are showing exactly the correct temperature (when compared to other properly calibrated devices).

However, the graphs, and LCD display in the web interface are off by ~4 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ex: Sensor on Spark Core, device config, and actual temp are 70.7 degrees, but “Room temp” is showing 74.3 degrees.

The difference between what I’m seeing and Jack’s post is that my settings show up as expected, so if I configure 71 degrees, those numbers are not skewed. They show up as configured.

Happy to provide any logs if that would help.

Actually I’ve done a clean install. Now my settings show up correctly… but the temperature probes are still reading 2 degrees higher Than on the screen.

I understand you say it is buffered over time… However then it should level out eventually…

Also… as a side note, the “correct” temp is shown in the “install devices” screen…

I am also seeing different temp reports. I am not using the brewpi to control the fridge yet. It is being controlled by a johnson control a419. I am currently cold crashing a brew at 34 degrees f and see the same temp reading on the pi spark lcd. The GUI is constantly reporting 3-4 degree difference.

is the following behaviour the filtering in action or something else.?
From a cold power on I have noticed both the fridge and Beer temp start at 85˚c whilst the room Temperature ( if I am remembering correctly from another thread) is correct as it isn’t filtered…
Google Photos