Help with SSR expansion board

The + terminal of the SSR board should not be connected. You are now connecting 5V (+ of the SSR board) to 0V directly (green connector -).

If you have the relay board connected to the green terminal -, it is connected to GND of the spark. The GND of the SSR board is also connected to the GND of the spark through the RJ12 cable.

ok so the green terminals on the Spark, should I also just be using the - terminal and not the + terminal, therefore both the green terminal & the SSR Board are just using the - terminal connecting to the relay board? is that correct or no?

No. You have the Spark green terminal that toggles between 0V/0V and 0V/5V.
And you have the SSR board that toggles between 5V/5V and 0V/5V.

So for the green outputs you will connect both.
For the SSR you only connect the -. It will get the ground reference through the RJ 12 cable.
SSR board and relay board have the same ground level through the path SSR board → RJ12 → Spark → green terminal → relay board.

ok got the ref for the SSR Board only using the - terminal, check.
the Spark - terminal would connect to GND on the relay board that the + lead connects to as well. (or maybe it doesnt matter?).
@Elco So for the GND can both relay boards have the same shared GND then? I’m gonna move things around wire wise and test. Hopefully you will still be around to help with the clarification.
THANK YOU!!

Ok wired as you suggested: The SSR board uses the - terminal, to connect to the relay board. The green terminals still do NOT light up the relay board and the + goes to the relay board and the - to the GND which is shared across both relay boards. Please correct me if i did something wrong or missed something. thanks.

NO! The reference (GND) comes through the RJ12. The - on the grey connectors is the signal that toggles.

Do you measure 5V if you have nothing connected to the Spark and a digital actuator turned ON? You might have blown up the outputs by connecting them wrong.

ok so the - on the grey terminals, single wire goes to the relay boards.
The relays that do light up have 3.24V using just the data cable.
I have not gotten to a point on the dashboard of building or loading anything so im not sure about turning on (how to) 1-5 of the digital actuators. I don’t think they have blown up cause when i turn power on to the control panel all the lights for both relay boards light up. and during the process of troubleshooting an wiring all this stuff they have turned on.

*ill upload some pictures but based on the new wiring directions. Power basically toggles between the spark actuators for the relays or the data cable to the expansion boards. The exp. boards don’t have the little red lights on them except 1x which you will see in the picture. And ill post the current Volt on the relays. Hopefully this will help and we can further troubleshoot what I need to fix. I also am working on updating the Visio drawing for you, so you can see the wire layout for the valves etc. I’m pretty sure i will have to start a diff post for the setup builder wizard just to make sure im tracking but at least I will have it all documented for easy reference. Also working on the remote access part to see if maybe that might be more helpful as well.