How to analyze for and make controller adjustments?

Understood. thanks!

current settings:

B2F: Kp=4, Ti=14400, Td=3600, maxDif=18, InFilterDelay=18, DerivFilterDelay=639

Cooler: Kp=10, Ti=3600, Td=600, PWM=1200, MinOff=180, MinOn=120, InFilterDelay=18, DerivFilterDelay=159

Heater1: Kp=5, Ti=1800, Td=600, PWM=4, InDelayTime=18, DerivFilterDelay=159

Dead Time = 3600

Those settings look good to me :slight_smile:

The Control Constants panel has a “Receive from script” button. What script does it read from and is it appropriate to update said script when a stable set of values are finally tuned?

The receive from controller button asks the script to request a fresh copy from the controller, the receive from script button gets the version the script has cached. The cache should always be up to date I think. It is confusing for the user to have 2 buttons. We should remove one and handle the specifics behind the scenes.

An option to import/export a settings file to a location of choice would be nice.

Now stable at 34 deg. F. but still cooling often with significant swings in the cooler set point and fridge temp, with no significant corresponding variance in beer temp.

Still not sure how to tune the beer2fridge PID.
gain too high or is it simply need a longer interval?
It’s late and I’ve been away from this for a few days. Terminology lacking at the moment.

I don’t see a problem here. The beer temperature only shows 1 bit errors. If you want the fridge setting to be smoother, you can increase the filtering on the beer temperature.