Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with the fancy high flow herms coil?
I’m considering upgrading from my 15m coil in my 76 litre HLT, but would like to hear what others have to say about it when in real use.
I’ve read the experimentation results and it makes sense, but these don’t always translate to tangible real world results.
- Have you upgraded from another coil - if so what did you have before?
- Did you achieve measurably better ramp times in your MTL as a result
- Did it affect the variance between HLT and MLT, if you had one?
- Do you run your HLT higher than MLT set temp?
- What size is your MLT and HLT?
Currently the only reason I have my HLT set higher than my MLT is because there is ~ 1.5c variance when settled. If there was no variance, I would run my HLT at mash temp. No chance of overheating that way, even when flowing through the coil. Much more consistent and controllable results.