Brewblox docker install?

I feel like I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t seem to find anything in the documentation or using a forum search.

I currently have brewpi running on a raspberry pi (OSMC OS) using docker. I’d like to switch to brewblox in a reversible fashion (brewing tomorrow so want to be able to revert back quickly if anything doesn’t work) by stopping the brewpi instance, them pull/build/start-ing Brewblox.

However, while the advanced tutorial documentation page seem to suggest that everything is still docker based, I’m not sure if I can just run the brewblox-ctl script or if that only works on vanilla Rasbian lite systems.

I’m guessing I can just extract the commands I need from the install script, but I wanted to check to see if there is a recommended procedure for docker installs not on a fresh rasbian lite system.

Thanks,
Austin

Nevermind this question.

I realized I a) don’t really ever use that OSMC for anything other than brewpi anyway and b) accidentally deleted the ssh private key for logging into it.

So… it’s going to be a clean install after all!

The process documented on brewblox.netlify.com is a docker based install.

I’ll go ahead and answer the question anyway, for the benefit of other users with the same question.

You can have multiple installs on the Pi, but not on the Spark.

BrewBlox is almost fully containerized: the only exception is the brewblox-ctl management tool, which is installed using Pip, the Python package manager.

Configuration and database files are fully contained in the install directory.

From the perspective of the Pi, you can have Brewpi and BrewBlox simultaneously installed. They won’t conflict if they’re not running concurrently.

The Spark uses different firmware for Brewpi and BrewBlox, and can only have one installed at a time.

Edit: as long as your system is linux-based, and has Docker, docker-compose, and Python >=3.5 installed, BrewBlox will probably work. It’s been succesfully installed on a Synology NAS.