- User guides: https://brewblox.netlify.app/
- Previous release notes: https://brewblox.netlify.app/user/release_notes.html
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/Brewblox/projects/1
- Code repositories: https://github.com/Brewblox
Firmware release date: 2020/05/13
For the last few months, we have been working on building advanced process control for Brewblox.
After all: brewing is a process with multiple distinct steps.
Currently, Spark settings must be changed multiple times over the course of a brew day.
We aim to streamline this, so you only have to press “start” and “next” during a brew day.
This is implemented as the new automation service on the Pi.
The service is currently in alpha / preview, and is not yet enabled by default
You can use the UI to build processes with branching or repeating steps.
The service runs processes in the background, and can interact with all Brewblox devices.
This includes Spark controllers, but also third-party devices and REST APIs.
Processes can use sensor values from one device to adjust settings on another device.
They can also integrate manual actions by creating tasks for the user, and then waiting until the task is marked as done.
Later features will include integration with recipe formats such as beer.xml.
Everything else in Brewblox will keep working as usual.
The automation service is and will be completely optional.
We’ll make an announcement when the automation service is sufficiently polished and stable for general release.
For now you’ll see release notes split between regular changes, and those concerning automation.
For those wanting to try the preview version, we added a short guide.
- (improve) Widgets now show hints / get started buttons when empty.
- (feature) Some builder parts are now scalable. This applies to parts that did not previously have size sliders, and do not include tubing.
- (feature) Merged the PwmPump and Pump parts in Builder. If you had a PwmPump, it is automatically migrated.
- (feature) Value display parts now can act as tube. Do note that scaling parts with flow enabled rapidly increases flow calculation time.
- (feature) The Graph Widget now has an action to quickly add fields from specific blocks.
- (feature) Added webhook action
- (improve) Changed Create Task to Edit Task.
- (improve) Condition tasks are now created at step start.
- (improve) Steps and focused phase (conditions / actions / transitions) are now shown side by side.
- (fix) You can now use readonly fields as a condition.
- (feature) You can now select all options when changing task status.