- User guides: https://brewblox.netlify.app/
- Discord server: Brewblox
- Previous release notes: Brewblox release notes | Brewblox
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/Brewblox/projects/1
- Code repositories: https://github.com/Brewblox
firmware release date: 2021-09-13
The first batch of Spark orders have been handed over to FedEx, and with this release, the Spark 4 is live.
- (feature) Added the OneWire GPIO Module block and widget.
- (feature) Added a step to Quick Start wizards for setting pin assignments for GPIO channels (if any).
- (feature) Added timezone setting to admin page. For now, this setting is only relevant for the Spark 4 display.
- (documentation) Updated documentation to reflect differences between Spark 2/3 and 4:
- The Spark 4 does not support USB connections. (Ethernet and Wifi only).
- Spark 4 Wifi configuration is done using Bluetooth and the “ESP BLE Provisioning” Android/iOS app.
- The Spark 4 never requires a separate bootloader flash.
- (dev) Updated block data types for all IoArray blocks. This is not a breaking change when loading backups.
- (improve) The controller will now attempt to automatically recover from OneWire errors caused by faulty devices.
- (improve) Under the hood, there are significant changes to the shared firmware code. These shouldn’t be noticeable.