Brewblox release 2022/09/21

Try adding the pi user to the dialout group to give it access to serial ports:
usermod -a -G pi dialout
Then log out and log in again, or reboot. Then try again without sudo.

1 Like

Thanks
added the user to the wrong group first :laughing:
Works now :grinning:

1 Like

Hey there, Its been awhile since I last updated. I am currently using a Spark 3 and my current build version of Brewblox is: 2020-12-02T13:22:33.647Z. My current Firmware version for my Spark 3 is FW version: caf5eddf, Release Date: 2020-11-02. If I update to this version will I be ok or should I update to an earlier release?

The new software will absolutely work on your Spark 3. Software-wise, there are no major incompatibilities, but it will have to do an (automated) history data migration. This can take a while.

I suggest first backing up your blocks and making a snapshot of your current data before installing.
If you’re not overly attached to your current settings, a fresh install will be much quicker than an update.

1 Like

Hi Bob
I have flashed all my sparks, and all seems well until I go onto the IP, it shows all services as red. On Brexblox all seems to be working.
Any ideas?
Cheers

Sorry, here is the log
https://termbin.com/72rx

Your log shows everything as up and running. Does the problem persist if you visit the https version of the UI?

Hi Bob
It works fine with https
Many thanks

Also could you confirm that pump speed can now be controlled on the spark 4 through the pwm?

The new Fast PWM block can do this. This block is also available on the Spark 3. The built-in IO pins support 100Hz fast pwm.

This seems to have killed my Top 1 and Top 2 outputs on my Spark 3. Bottom 1 and Bottom 2 still work with no fiddling. I added a digital actuator and wired it to Top 1, then 2, then 3. When I turn it on for the first 2, it doesn’t actually trigger the attached SSRs. When I wire it up to Top 3 (which is unused in my setup) and move one of my plugs over to Top 2, the SSR (and load) turn on.

So far I’ve tried restarting and reflashing the Spark. This puts me in quite a bind since I’ve currently lost use of a fermenter!

Is this with or without soft start enabled? What is the reported 5V voltage in the Spark Pins block? What is the measured voltage on/off on your top 1 and 2 ports?

Soft Start is Off for all pins
5V is 5.06V
12V is 12.14V
T1 is 1.2V on or off
T2 is 1.06V on or off
T3 is 5V on, 0V off

For each of those, I temporarily switched the pins to be driven by a temporary digital actuator.

Does the behavior change if you disable 12V? @Elco thoughts?

Found a second problem. One of my “Desired Setting” values won’t chart in F, including not showing the label on the bottom. I tried switching the master setting to C and that showed the C version. I switched back, still doesn’t work. The other fermenter’s Desired Setting value works fine.

No change in behavior with 12V disabled for the first problem.

Where are you accessing the chart? In the block menu, or through the graph widget? For which block is this?

Its the graph widget. I have a graphs comparing desired temp to actual temp. For one it works as expected, for the other the desired won’t show. Its controlling to setpoint on that tank just fine and a Metrics widget shows the current value just fine.

That sounds like the bug in the history database that’s on my to-do list. As a workaround you can track the setting field - it will be the same as desired setting until we get around to adding setpoint constraints.

OK, so that’s actually what I used before the upgrade. Its gone now on both fermenters, at least the F version. C came back when I switched units. I can live without it for now. The uncontrollable fermenter is a lot bigger deal.