- User guides: https://brewblox.netlify.app/
- Discord server: https://discord.gg/WaFYD2jaaT
- Previous release notes: https://brewblox.netlify.app/user/release_notes.html
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/Brewblox/projects/1
- Code repositories: https://github.com/Brewblox
firmware release date: 2022-11-22
After the previous release, we spent some time fixing the inevitable issues that crop up after a big release.
Things have settled down again, and we started work on UI improvements.
Blocks are rendered in multiple places throughout the UI, but often without a clear indication of whether the block is active.
To remedy this, we introduced status dots that use traffic light colors to indicate whether a block is Active, Inactive, Invalid or Disabled.
- Green → Active → block has valid output.
- Orange → Inactive → input or claiming block is Invalid or Disabled.
- Red → Invalid → block configuration must be fixed (is there no link to input/output block?).
- Grey → Disabled → block is disabled by user.
The behavior remains the same, but it’s now easy to spot that a PWM is Inactive because the Setpoint is Disabled.
Status dots are shown in the relations diagram and in Builder parts that are linked to blocks.
In future updates, we’ll also introduce them in block widgets, along with UI components that explain why the block is not Active.
- (feature) Added the
brewblox-ctl esptoolcommand. This wraps
esptool.py, and is a management tool for the ESP32 chips found in the Spark 4.
- (feature) Tilt services can now directly sync temperatures to Temp Sensor (External) blocks.
- (feature) The Spark relations diagram and Builder parts now show a status dot for blocks.
- (feature) Reworked multiple Builder parts to have a more consistent layout.
brewblox-ctl upnow ignores the
-doption. It always calls
docker-compose up -d.
- (improve) Removed the somewhat confusing
brewblox-ctl add-spark / add-tilt / add-node-red. Commands now prompt to say they’ll create/overwrite.
- (improve) Added a confirmation dialog when closing the Sequence editor with unsaved changes.
- (improve) Editing Builder parts or PID input will now open a dialog for the (input) block itself, not the claiming block.
- (improve) History now immediately writes received data to the database.
- (improve) The PID now more predictably opens its input block dialog.
- (remove) The
--write-intervalfor the history service is removed because all data is written immediately.
- (fix) Removed bugged folder creation functionality from the dashboard wizard.
- (fix) Builder flows now re-render when a soft start actuator is toggled.
- (fix) The Spark 2/3 display now re-renders when the display temperature unit is changed.
- (fix) Fixed graph sidepanel for the Temp Sensor (External) block widget.
- (fix) The Quick Actions widget now automatically updates actions that edited the “enabled” field for Setpoint blocks.
- (fix) The Quick Actions widget no longer sometimes erronously converts actions from F to C on startup. The conversion has become a manual action.