Brewometer integration

Do you see any changes on your UI?

Are you able to see any Tilt related lines in your stderr/stdout logs?

UI didn’t change and there nothing in the logs about the Tilt as far as I can tell.

I’ve gone back to TiltPi in the meantime since I have something fermenting I want to keep an eye on, but can try again some more this weekend/next week.

Are you sure you managed to change the files inside the container/in the right spot? The other thing to check is that re-started the script (or container) after making all the updates.

Sorry if this is the wrong place … but I just installed this successfully on the Legacy/Arduino system I have been running for the last 2 or 3 years … and wanted to say many many thanks to Both Elco (for conceiving of, and putting together such awesomeness) and sbowler (bloody legend) for their respective parts.

For something I spent less than AU$100 on 3 years ago, plus the recent additions/replacement of a Rpi3 and a new Tilt, … I can stare right into the heart of the beast now, and see what it’s really up to (noise notwithstanding)

It’s an awesome system for me and my shed, love ya work.

Help, please. My BrewPi SD card corrupted and I did not have a copy of the card after installing the Tilt stuff (stupid me). I have rebuilt using the legacy BrewPi as I am lost with the new BrewPi and containers, dockers , etc. However, your readme at GitHub is missing the instructions on loading/installing to my machine. Can you let me know what I should be doing? “sudo apt-get install ?..?”

Stefan

Hey, this is awesome! I’m not really a coder, I have just installed everything (on Legacy) following steps, but I would love to know how you did this. But I don’t know what all the code you added was.

to beer-panel.php I added the “lcd-line-4” line:
47%20PM

But after that, I am lost. I am unclear what to add to the main.js file. I found the refreshLCD function, but what would populate that with the data?

I am also unclear what to add to the brewpi.py file or where within that file.

Having the Tilt gravity in the LCD panel would be awesome for me! I greatly would appreciate any help on this!
Thanks

After struggling a while with a iSpindel I just received my Tilt. I got it running using a the TiltPi.
But I would love to have the readings from the Tilt in the brewpi graph. I can not get this working. I completed all the steps from the readme (https://github.com/sibowler/brewpi-brewometer/blob/master/README.md).
I use brewpi in the docker configuration and I updated brewpi before starting with the code below:

sudo apt-get install python-scipy python-numpy
sudo apt-get install bluez python-bluez python-scipy python-numpy libcap2-bin
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+eip $(eval readlink -f `which python`)
root@raspberrypi:/home/brewpi# python /home/brewpi/brewpi-brewometer/tiltHydrometer-test/TiltHydrometerTest.py    
	(I get a reading from the tilt!)

root@raspberrypi:/home/brewpi# cp -r /home/brewpi/brewpi-brewometer/brewpi-web/. /var/www/html/			
	(I can confirm that the items were copied)
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/
root@raspberrypi:/home/brewpi# cp -r /home/brewpi/brewpi-brewometer/brewpi-script/. /home/brewpi/		
	(I can confirm that the items were copied)
sudo chown -R root:root /home/brewpi
	(here I used root:root instead of brewpi:brewpi)

I refreshed the browser en started the script again, even after restarting the brewpi container I dont see the graph.

update 14-10
I found out that brewpi-web should be copied to www-data /var/www/html/ and not to www-data /var/www/
Now something has changed in the brewpi graph. I now see all the tilts, but not yet the reading from my tilt.

Does anybody have an idea what goes wrong?

Somehow I got it working now. Below some problems:

• selecting a value from one of the tilts is not possible in the legend, values from brewpi work fine.
  • the actual values from the tilt are not visible in the legend, values from brewpi are visible
  • the legend is way too long so the area with the status is in front of the legend
  • the scaling of the tilt gravity data is not correct. The gravity value is in the same scale as the temperature, so a value of 1 to 1.1 on a scale from 1 to 22. Only with zooming the graph is readable

I found the problem. I needed to clear my cache in google chrome.