My BrewPi Spark showed up and I finally got around to setting it up, I had been running a simulation on my RaspberryPi 4. The Spark is connected via usb to my rPi4 and rPi4 is using a power supply.
The issue I am having now is after removing the simulated Spark and all blocks and dashboards my web interface does not auto discover the physical Spark. Also I notice on my Spark screen 6 empty boxes a USB icon and 0.0.0.0 in upper left and 61% 70% in upper right corner. Also have a blue light in upper left corner of case front.
I have also plugged in 1 temp probe but do not see it anywhere either.
I have tried brewblox-ctl add-spark and I noticed the blue light slowly pulses but i get the message… ‘No devices discovered… no valid combination of device ID and device host.’
I’m sure I missed a step or should just start over, but any ideas as to what may be wrong would be helpful.
I may have at some point a long time ago I don’t recall. I will try your suggestion - hopefully that will help - as usual thanks again for your time and support with all this, otherwise I would be “stuck”.
well did a fresh install, again. and now im getting this:
of note - this is the same power supply I have had on this RPI for years. I have unplugged the RJ12 data cables. so idk what the logs will show but hopefully that helps.
pi@raspberrypi:~/brewblox $ brewblox-ctl up
Can’t find a suitable configuration file in this directory or any
parent. Are you in the right directory?
Command 'docker-compose up -d ’ returned non-zero exit status 1.
pi@raspberrypi:~/brewblox $ brewblox-ctl log
INFO Log file: /home/pi/brewblox/brewblox.log
INFO Writing Brewblox .env values…
INFO Writing software version info…
INFO Writing active containers…
INFO Writing docker-compose configuration…
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘docker-compose.yml’
yes from scratch following @Bob_Steers directions.
yes I went line by line, to verify no errors or issues.
as stated in the SSR expansion post - it is a 5V 2.5Amp power supply for the RPI 3 which according to their website/google that is the requirement. When I ran the logs that was with the old power supply. Here is the result with the new PS and with the expansion boards connected. https://termbin.com/ms5h
here is the log without the expansion boards: https://termbin.com/u86a
this should give you a good cross comparison being only a few minutes apart.
Ok so are you suggesting that maybe the power supply needs to be more than the recommended 5V 2.5A? like a 3A or? Currently directly off the pins with the multimeter on the Brewpi I get 1.26A but with the connector and the wires the highest it got was 2.16 still not close to the 5 I thought we needed. is is possible that having 4x expansion boards through the data cable is too much somehow? When I connect the data cable for the valves and the 8x relay board the Voltage drops to 2.06 from 2.16. I understand the power supply is the potential issue/data cable - I have tried 3x diff data cables at this point and the Volts doesnt seem to change much with the testing results, maybe 0.01-2 difference. (I have ordered a replacement PS that is a “Charger 5V 2A 2.5A 3A 3.5A for Raspberry Pi 3 2 B+ Power Supply”) - Im hoping this will be enough juice to resolve the errors that we are seeing.
results: pi@raspberrypi:~/brewblox $ ls -all
drwxr-xr-x 8 pi pi 4096 Aug 26 22:04 .
drwxr-xr-x 16 pi pi 4096 Aug 27 09:56 …
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi 4096 Aug 26 21:57 brewblox
drwxr-xr-x 5 pi pi 4096 Aug 26 13:40 brewblox_ctl_lib
-rw-r–r-- 1 pi pi 137014 Aug 26 22:13 brewblox.log
-rw-r–r-- 1 pi pi 2382 Aug 26 22:02 docker-compose.shared.yml
-rw-r–r-- 1 pi pi 180 Aug 26 22:02 docker-compose.yml
Drawing from the RPI3
Of note I just flashed it - apparently it needed to be updated. With that said now the 4x relay board is lit up and the 8x relay board is not. 0 change in moving or adjusting wires.