BrewPi Spark update and software developement

I’ll double check that the labels are correct. The address is sent with the packages digitally, so I think it will be processed correctly.

The extension field is necessary for house numbers like 1A.

I don’t see it asking for a house name, it is called house number here:

1 Like

Mine said housemumber too and also showed below the street name. I was hoping the post office had the smarts to look one line lower, but a label correction would be great. One less reason for them to go postal. :smile:

Ren

Thats my concern the USPS is real persnickety if things are to their liking/standards. See page 5.

1 Like

Yep, that USPS doc clearly outlines house number before street name with both on same line or delivery could get screwed up. Good call adding the reference uk_brewer and thanks for verifying the labels Elco!

Elco,

Was this an issue with the older store? I just want to make sure because I am still waiting on the Board that ordered a few weeks ago. The one issue is, I didn’t get the tracked postal. So I have no Idea is there are any issue.

All US address go through the Dymo Label address fixer and get an extended postal code and barcode. I’ll send you a photo of your package.

2 Likes

My point was there is no option to enter just a house name (if you do not have a number) typically most sites I use ask for house name/number unless using postcode lookup. You are then free to type ‘92’ or ‘The Cool House’ or ‘Party Flat 2A’ for example!

Minor point but I would hate for precious units to get lost in transit. Especially internationally!!

Dean.

Would the BrewPi Spark work on something like the Grainfather ?? It’s a 1V unit with a simple temp controller like the STC-1000.

I don’t know but it’s be cool if you tried it.

Well i’m picking a grainfather up next week so will be able to have a good look at it. I’ve seen a guy on aussiehomebrewer.com has hooked up an Ardbir controller to his and it worked pretty well.