BrewPi still going strong

I am still impressed with how well BrewPI and Spark one control the temperature in my fridge that is located in a colder extension to our house. Even though I still consider upgrading to BrewBlox to be running with my newer Spark 3.

It’ll work great, as long as you don’t touch it =D

1 Like

I specifically liked the fridge temp control setpoint cascade(?) function. During fermentation you could sometimes see the fridge temp set point drop down as the fermentation heat increased. As it trended back up, you knew the fermentation was slowing. A valuable added tool.

Ric
Flatfender Brewing
Houston, TX

Cascaded / dynamic setpoints are still possible, and are default in HERMS/RIMS setups. We dropped them from the fridge setup because direct control is simpler, and can also achieve 0.05*C accuracy.

The direct analogy for the fridge setpoint would be to observe the trend in PWM output. Its long-term trend will behave much like you describe.

Yes, it is much simpler, and more like the industrial controls I have a little experience with. I am getting the accuracy you mention, and you can’t lose sight of the fact that it’s beer.

Thanks for pointing out the PWM trend. Excellent!

Ric
Flatfender Brewing
Houston, TX