Can’t Program Arduino Uno

Nothing is ever easy for me, my wife says. I have searched the similar topics, and all seems to have resolutions that aren’t applicable to me. I have successfully programmed my Pi B+, but can’t get the Arduino programmed. I started out with an ATmega328P CH340G Development Board UNO R3 I got from China, which didn’t have the ACM0 interface. Rather than try to debug, I bought this Sainsmart Uno recommended by Fuzze in the HBT thread hoping to solve my problem. The interface is now correct, but that’s about it.

I have tried to install the latest FW, brewpi-core-0.4.3.bin, to both 328P and Uno after reading some other similar posts. I still get the same errors. The following is what I get when trying to program from the web interface:

**** Arduino Program script started ****
Settings will be restored if possible
Devices will be restored if possible
Checking old version before programming.
Jun 01 2016 11:23:51 Opening serial port
Warning: Cannot receive version number from controller. Your controller is either not programmed yet or running a very old version of BrewPi. It will be reset to defaults.
Loading programming settings from board.txt
Could not read boards.txt from Arduino, probably because Arduino has not been installed
Please install it with: sudo apt-get install arduino-core
Jun 01 2016 11:24:11 New program uploaded to controller, script will restart
Jun 01 2016 11:24:19 Opening serial port
Jun 01 2016 11:24:19 Notification: Script started for beer 'My First BrewPi Run'
Jun 01 2016 11:24:29 Checking software version on controller... 
Jun 01 2016 11:24:39 Warning: Cannot receive version number from controller. Your controller is either not programmed or running a very old version of BrewPi. Please upload a new version of BrewPi to your controller.

I’m not a programmer, but an electrical engineer who has been designing hardware and programming FW and reviewing software for many years, so I’m familiar with what I’m trying to do, but growing more frustrated as things don’t work as expected. I’ll also note that the yellow LED is blinking on my Arduino, if that means anything. I have used multiple known good USB cables, so I don’t think that’s an issue. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The latest firmware is for the BrewPi Spark only.
You need to use 0.2.10, the latest release for Arduino.
We stopped supporting Arduino and will not provide any software updates in the future either.

The CH340G did not work, because the serial chip has a different PID/VID than an official Arduino, which is not recognized. Could be fixed by adding the PID/VID.

The instructions are printed right there in the segment you posted:

Loading programming settings from board.txt
Could not read boards.txt from Arduino, probably because Arduino has not been installed
Please install it with: sudo apt-get install arduino-core

Thanks, Elco. I’m sure you put up with a lot of “stupid” questions. F/W is loaded and devices configured. Hopefully, I can get it set up in the next day or two to control my next fermentation. It may have been a mistake trying to follow “cookbook” directions from multiple websites, HBT, diybrewpi.wikia.com, & docs.brewpi.com.