Connected to BrewPi but I cannot access internet anymore?

Hey y’all,

I have a new problem. Everything runs perfect. I am now able to view my BrewPi interface remotely and at home on the network. Interestingly, none of my updates will work and I cannot get on the internet any more. It’s almost as if I’m directly plugged into my Spark through the wifi but there is no internet access?

My /etc/network/interfaces looks like:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0 inet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wap_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

auto wlan1
allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 intet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

I did the protocol for remote viewing found on this forum for “remote viewing” and are connecting via wifi. I did not set up a static ip but I have my router set to always give my pi the same ip address.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

intnet?

I am not sure you really want to use manual. You probably want static or dhcp, but at least I noticed that typo.

I think I would prefer DHCP combined with bonjour service:

sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon

Then you can just enter: http://raspberrypi.local (given that your hostname is still raspberrypi) and you won’t have to mess with static IPs.

Thanks @Elco. I think that typo you saw was just a transposition error on my part. I am now SSH’d into my system so I can copy and paste.

I changed my setting in /etc/network/interfaces to this. Basically just got rid of wlan1 and made a few small changes to wlan0. I did try to change ‘iface wlan0 inet manual’ to ‘iface wlan0 inet dhcp’ and that didn’t work either.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

I can connect to the spark and ssh and everything but cannot access web.

I get this when trying to ping google

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ping google.com
ping: unknown host google.com

I did mess with the GUI and “wifi networks (dhcpcdui) settings” and think I messed something up there.

Fixed this. On to the next issue :smile: