Couchdb container issues?

Having some issues after running latest update, the datastore container restarts consistently and appears unavailable. Have tried troubleshooting myself without any luck, wondered if anyone else had run into the issue?

Docker-compose file is default
https://termbin.com/mikg

‘’’ {
“fetch”: [],
“db”: [
{
“message”: “No remote database available”,
“moduleId”: “all”,
“time”: “Mon Jul 22 2019 15:46:14 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)”,
“content”: “”,
“error”: “JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data”
},
{
“message”: “Fetch all objects”,
“moduleId”: “services”,
“content”: “null”,
},
{
“message”: “Fetch all objects”,
“moduleId”: “dashboards”,
“content”: “null”,
}
]
}
‘’’

We occasionally see issues with the datastore ourselves, but haven’t yet found the cause.

Something that seems to work is to let the service make the first call. Close the UI page, and then restart all services with brewblox-ctl down && brewblox-ctl up . Then wait a bit before opening the UI.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately the issue persists. I have tried brewblox-ctl kill, removed the brewblox folder and started from scratch. Considering flashing the pi and starting again. Anything else I can check or information I can provide?

It may be caused by the SD card being full or corrupted. You can use df -h to check available space on your Pi.

SD card corruptions are less fun, and may require a new card. I’m not convinced it’s happening here though: these usually manifest as seg faults, not pipe errors.

Wasn’t diskspace, full rebuild fixed it. Thanks Bob
If anyone is installing buster not sure if this has already been mentioned but you might end up with:

E: Package ‘docker-ce’ has no installation candidate raspberry pi

I fixed it by following the steps here https://blog.alexellis.io/how-to-fix-docker-for-raspbian-buster/

1 Like