Docker issue while trying to restart

Hello I have not been using brewblox for a few months, while trying to reconnect I see on the page the message “waiting for datastore”, while trying to restart brewblox I appear to have issues with my docker as I have the following error message, would you have an idea of how to fix this?

ERROR: Couldn’t connect to Docker daemon at http+docker://localhost - is it running?

If it’s at a non-standard location, specify the URL with the DOCKER_HOST environment variable.

Command ‘docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans’ returned non-zero exit status 1

A good start is to reboot the Pi, and then update system software:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade -y
pip3 install -U --user docker-compose

Then run docker version and docker-compose version to check whether everything works.

Afterwards I’d also recommend running brewblox-ctl update.

thank you, the error was solved, apparently since I used the tilt hydrometer I have memory issues with my raspberry pi which seems to create many problems for updates.
moving to the next issue now with the spark service offline

Did you update and start it?

I have launched the update and it seems to be up however I have the following errors messages at the update

WARNING: You are using Python 3.5, which is no longer maintained.
We recommend upgrading your system.
For more information, please visit https://brewblox.netlify.app/user/system_upgrades.html

Do you want to remove old docker images to free disk space? [Y/n]: y
INFO Updating brewblox-ctl…
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py:6: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 3.5 support will be dropped in the next release of cryptography. Please upgrade your Python.
from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 307, in run
delete=build_delete) as build_dir:
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/utils/build.py”, line 22, in init
name = os.path.realpath(tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix=“pip-build-”))
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/tempfile.py”, line 497, in mkdtemp
prefix, suffix, dir, output_type = _sanitize_params(prefix, suffix, dir)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/tempfile.py”, line 269, in _sanitize_params
dir = gettempdir()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/tempfile.py”, line 435, in gettempdir
tempdir = _get_default_tempdir()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/tempfile.py”, line 370, in _get_default_tempdir
dirlist)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No usable temporary directory found in [’/tmp’, ‘/var/tmp’, ‘/usr/tmp’, ‘/home/pi/brewblox’]
Command ‘/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade --no-cache-dir brewblox-ctl’ returned non-zero exit status 2

Short version: you have the old version of Raspbian installed, that still uses a Python version that is no longer supported by multiple libraries.

See that URL for instructions on how to easily handle upgrades.

ok, I have fully reinstalled the SD card to free some space and have updated versions. It is all working properly now.
Thank you for your help

1 Like