Edge release 2019/10/01

Relevant links:

Edge release 2019/10/01

Firmware release date: 2019/09/16

So far, we like how quick start wizards simplify the setup process. We intend to have a wizard for all commonly used setups. Feel free to make a request if you have or want a specific setup!

This release, we added two new wizards:

RIMS Brew-in-a-Bag uses a single kettle and a RIMS tube.

Glycol Fermentation generates a fermentation setup where cooling is done by pumping glycol through a coil.

• Added RIMS Brew-in-a-Bag and Glycol Fermentation quick start wizards.
  • You can now export graph data to CSV from the Graph widget actions.
    • This will use the currently displayed time span, but always choose high precision data.
  • You can now save and load stored profiles in Setpoint Profile.
    • Profiles are stored globally, and can be used in all your Setpoint Profiles.
    • When loading a saved profile, the Setpoint Profile keeps its current target.
    • Profile points are relative to the start time. When loading a profile you can choose to set start time to now.
  • Fixed a bug that significantly increased the UI size. Page load should now be noticeably faster.
  • brewblox-ctl update now asks to prune docker images to clean up disk space.
  • Added builder parts:
    • Gravity tube (simulates height differences in your layout by increasing flow speed).
    • RIMS tube
    • PWM display part (shows the same values as the Heating Element part)
  • The liquid level in Kettles is now editable. This is a cosmetic change: flow calculations treat every kettle as completely full.
  • Settings in quickstart wizards are now remembered if you go back in the wizard.
  • Setpoint displays in the builder can now be placed inline in tubes.
    • Each edge is connected to all other edges.
2 Likes

Hi Bob
Now you have the fermenter wizards included, would it be possible to include Tilt readings?
Thanks
Warren

Sorry Tilt readings within the fermenter wizards :slight_smile:

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to automatically adding tilt values to the graph, or a separate widget?

Hi Bob,
I was thinking of a widget for the tilt, that is part of the fermenter dashboard. So the wizard would ask if you have a tilt, if so what colour and then give a running graph. After which you would return to dashboard and change settings, including hydrometer to the brew on the go.
Presently, my understanding is that everything is configured in the yml, which for a non computer person is out of my comfort zone.
Cheers
Warren

While we can make the process easier, the Tilt remains an external service. @j616s has expressed interest in making a dedicated dashboard widget, but this is his hobby, and he has limited time.

The Tilt service is indeed added in the yml file. After you’ve done so, you can use the UI to show its graphs.

I took a look at the install instructions for the Tilt service. If the yml is a problem, I could write a small script to automate most of the required actions.

If you could do a script that would be great.
Many thanks

tilt_installer.py (1.8 KB)

Copy this file to the brewblox directory on your pi, and then run it with

python3 ./tilt_installer.py

After it restarted, you can add the tilt values in your Graph widget settings.

Brilliant, many thanks

Hi Bob
I ran that but now when I try and brewblox-ctl up, I getCreating brewblox_tilt_1 … error

ERROR: for brewblox_tilt_1 Cannot create container for service tilt: invalid restart policy ‘unless_stopped’

ERROR: for tilt Cannot create container for service tilt: invalid restart policy ‘unless_stopped’
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
Command ‘docker-compose up -d --remove-orphans’ returned non-zero exit status 1

Can you let me know what command I need to run to stop the service, before running up?
Thanks

It’s saying I made a typo. ‘unless_stopped’ should be ‘unless-stopped’.

You can easily fix it by running brewblox-ctl editor, and replacing the offending lodash with a dash.

Edit: here’s the fixed script.

tilt_installer.py (1.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.