- User guides: https://brewblox.netlify.com/
- Previous release notes: https://brewblox.netlify.com/user/release_notes.html
- Project board: https://github.com/orgs/BrewBlox/projects/1
- Code repositories: https://github.com/BrewBlox
Edge release 2019/10/17
Firmware release date: 2019/10/14
The Builder editor was functional, but somewhat clunky at times.
We often saw users being surprised by what happened when they clicked in the grid, because they didn’t realise they still had a specific tool active.
To combat this, we split the tools between
modes function like tools used to: a persistent mode that determines what happens when you click or drag in the grid.
Select: click or drag to select or unselect part. (No changes here).
Interact: click on parts to interact with them - this toggles valves or opens block dialogs. (No changes here either).
tools are now immediate actions that modify parts that are currently selected or under the cursor.
You can trigger a tool by either selecting the target parts and clicking on the button, or selecting/hovering target parts and using the keyboard shortcut.
New: immediately opens the block catalog. After selecting a part in the catalog, click in the grid to place it.
Move: selected or hovered parts are attached to the cursor. Click in the grid to place them.
Copy: same as
Move, except that parts are copied.
Rotate: floating, selected or hovered part is rotated 90 degrees clockwise. (Does nothing if multiple parts are selected.)
Flip: floating, selected or hovered part is flipped. (Does nothing if multiple parts are selected.)
Edit Settings: opens part settings for selected or hovered part. (Does nothing if multiple parts are selected.)
Interact: interacts with selected or hovered part. (Does nothing if multiple parts are selected.)
Delete: removes selected or hovered parts.
On the whole, this should offer a smoother and more intuitive editing experience.
- Overhauled Builder editor tools.
- Split tools in
- Automatically detect when the editor loses focus, to clearly display when keyboard shortcuts won’t register.
redoare now triggered by
- Moved the layout actions and selector to the toolbar.
- Split tools in
- Renamed many builder parts to follow a common convention, and allow sensible grouping when sorted.
- Added the
Label: textpart to go along with
- Simplified the naming task in Quick Start wizards. Now it just asks to pick a prefix and a dashboard name.
- Quick Start wizards now always create a new dashboard.
- Added a toggle to the Spark service page, to show blocks either in a list (previous behaviour), or in a relations diagram.
- Added a build date to the debug menu in the sidebar, to help identify the currently installed release.
- When visiting the Spark IP in the browser, it now also shows its unique device ID.
- This should make it easier to setup a configuration that uses multiple Sparks connected over Wifi.
- See https://brewblox.netlify.com/user/connect_settings.html#spark-connection-settings for how this device ID can be used.
- Fixed a bug in the Glycol wizard that would not allow the user to create a configuration without a glycol sensor.