Edge release 2020/02/12

Relevant links:

Edge release 2020/02/12

Firmware release date: 2020/01/17

During development of the new website, we discovered the existence of a whole spectrum of colors not called $dark, $dark_darker, $dark_bright, or $darkish. We sprinkled some of them over the UI and brewblox-ctl.

As a happy side effect of implementing the automation service, we added auto discovery of Spark services. Any active Spark service in your docker-compose network will automatically show up in the UI sidebar. Click on it to add it as UI service.

Brewblox-ctl has been made significantly less spammy. You are still prompted at the start of commands (and can still disable that), but it now offers to do a dry run.

Dry running a command will print all shell commands / config changes to the terminal instead of executing them.
If you enable verbose mode, it will both print and execute.

Changes

• Implemented new color palette in UI.
  • Reworked widget styling.
  • Reworked widget/dialog toolbars.
    • Click the toolbar to edit widget title / block name / service title.
  • Improved scroll behavior and styling.
  • Improved wrapping behavior in small widgets.
  • Spark services are automatically discovered.
  • A green/yellow/red indicator for service status is shown in the sidebar.
  • Removed service wizards.
  • (Developers): Significant changes to interfaces used by plugins.
    • See brewblox-plugin for descriptions and examples.
  • Unpinned widgets no longer jump when being resized.
  • Reworked brewblox-ctl to add more options, and reduce spam.
  • Added --quiet, --verbose, and --dry-run flags to brewblox-ctl.
  • Use the --dry-run option, or answer d / dry-run in a prompt to have the command print its actions instead of executing them.
  • Added env commands to brewblox-ctl to list/get/set values in .env.
  • Moved brewblox-ctl save-backup to brewblox-ctl backup save.
  • Added brewblox-ctl backup load.
  • Moved brewblox-ctl editor and brewblox-ctl ports to the brewblox-ctl service group.
  • Added brewblox-ctl service remove and brewblox-ctl service show.
  • Added brewblox-ctl follow to see service logs.
  • Added help texts throughout brewblox-ctl.
  • brewblox-ctl service editor will now show an address you can directly copy to your browser to visit the editor GUI.
2 Likes

Great changes. Like the color additions and looks of the PID, Actuator and PWM blocks.

Well done and thanks!

1 Like

Looks great but the display sensors rounding four decimal places. image

Looks like it’s displaying the value twice. I’ll look into it.

I tried to duplicate and with success, for me it’s visible when I display a sensor using the Builder. It’ll show up this way in Builder as well as on the dashboard.

Found the issue: it’s getting the wrong value for the unit notation. That unrounded value should read °C / °F.

I fixed it in the development version. It’s not a critical issue, so it’ll be part of the next release.
As the last release was a big one, it’s likely the next release will be small, soon, and mostly filled with fixes and tweaks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.