Error compiling firmware for photon

Hi All, I am working on some changes to utilize RTDs’ instead of the One Wire sensors and am running into issues while trying to compile the binary. I get the same error even on a clean clone of the develop branch both using make clean.

This is the error using bash:

/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token (' /usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0:C:/Program Files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/make -e -C firmware/main APPDIR=C:/Users/Josh/brewpi/firmware '
make: *** [run_make] Error 1

Error using CMD:

make[1]: Entering directory C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmwa re/main' make -C ../modules/photon/user-part clean 'head' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. The system cannot find the file specified. The system cannot find the file specified. make[2]: Entering directory C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmware/modules/photon/user-part' ../../../build/module.mk:83: *** target pattern contains no%. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmware/modules/photon/user-part’
make[1]: *** [clean_modules/photon/user-part] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmware/main’
make: *** [run_make] Error 2

You need to run:
make PLATFORM=photon in platform/spark

See: https://github.com/BrewPi/firmware

You also need to have git installed and on the path.

I didn’t have git on path correctly, fixed it. Still getting errors though, and I am using PLATFORM=photon in the spark directory.

Error using windows CMD:

C:\Users\Josh\Brewpi\firmware\platform\spark>make clean PLATFORM=photon
make[1]: Entering directory C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmwa re/main' make -C ../modules/photon/user-part clean make[2]: Entering directoryC:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmwa
re/modules/photon/user-part’
…/…/…/build/module.mk:83: *** target pattern contains no %'. Stop. make[2]: Leaving directoryC:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmwar
e/modules/photon/user-part’
make[1]: *** [clean_modules/photon/user-part] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/Josh/Brewpi/firmware/platform/spark/firmwar
e/main’
make: *** [run_make] Error 2

Bash error:

$ make clean PLATFORM=photon
/usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token (' /usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0:C:/Program Files (x86)/GnuWin32/bin/make -e -C firmware/main APPDIR=C:/Users/Josh/brewpi/firmware ’
make: *** [run_make] Error 1

Which version of make do you have?
I compile on both windows and linux without issues.
I assume you did install the embedded ARM toolchain?
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded

If we can assume the ARM toolchain is the same, it must be make that is the problem.

Yeah, I do have the toolchain installed. I will uninstall everything and start over clean to see what happens.