Fermentation profile dates automatically updated (against my wishes) when editing profile

My usual process is to set up a standard starting profile for a particular yeast then adjust temperatures (either ramp up or down) based on fermentation progress - both visual and gravity readings.

Well, my saison has reached final gravity so I was ready to start ramping it down (currently at 80F), however when I added a new row to the profile it updated the dates in the profile so that day ‘0’ was today even though it originally started last week.

I already created a new profile to finish off the fermentation, but I recreated it with another profile. As you can see here, start date is 10/01/2016 but when I added a new row all of the dates automatically updated.

I don’t see this happening on my side. Didn’t you click ‘start now’?
I understand the confusion. Start now resets the start date. Hitting the apply button afters saving the profile applies it.

No, I am not clicking ‘Start Now’. As you can see in the video, when I edit a line in an existing profile it changes all dates to start with today’s date on Day 0. Interestingly, the time doesn’t seem to change.

Watch the Date and Time column when I edit an empty row: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B722DGamVadqQVNMYkI0bE9UclE/view?usp=sharing

Very clear video, thank you.
I have not been able to reproduce this. Which browser do you use and can you try it in incognito mode?

It could be related to the date format, which you can set in advanced settings. Does toggling that change anything?

I am using Chrome. I tested it out again a few moments ago before trying any of the suggested fixes and it works fine now… so I guess it’s fixed ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like