Flash problem - Spark v2

Greetings from Norway,
I had my Spark v2 running for some year and working ok. It was then flashed with “Controller firmware: baa3a201 (2022-01-21)”. After a year off brewing I tryed to apt-get update/upgrade and brewblox update.

Both apt-get and update works fine, but no luck with brewblox-ctl flash. It stopped with “No compatible USB devices found”.
I change the cables and it also seems that it been found in the commands I found in this forum.

What could be wrong/next step for search?

I just pushed a fix today to increase the timeout waiting for the DFU trigger after helping someone else resolve this.

We trigger DFU mode, but after that, the particle CLI hangs. As a workaround, we killed the process after 3 seconds. I increased this to 10 now.

If it still doesn’t work after updating, try this:

brewblox-ctl particle

This opens a bash shell in a container with the particle cli.

particle usb dfu

Wait for your spark to go into DFU mode (screen goes white, led blinks orange). Press ctrl-c and type exit to leave the container.

The run brewblox-ctl flash

1 Like

Hi Elco, and this was magic!

It did the commands and a new flash, and have now the new “Controller firmware: 87cb8c22 (2024-10-07)” successfully.

Thank you for fast reply, awesome ! :slight_smile:

And thank you again for the solution. Now I can prepare a brew for x-mas… :slight_smile: