Flashing Brewpispark 3 Error

Hi. I am upgrading to brewblox using a raspeberry pi B3+ and a Brewpi Spark 3. I have followed installation steps 1 - 5. However, when attempting to flash my Brewpi, i get the following message:

INFO Flashing Spark…

Triggering dfu on port /dev/ttyACM0
[Error: Error: No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/ttyACM0]
No compatible USB devices found

My brewpi is connected via USB to the raspberry pi and I have tried several USB cables without success.

Additional information (I have no idea if this is relevant): I have to wifi networks. My raspberry pi is working on the new network. The brewpi was previously configured to the old network.
When I connect the the raspberry pi to the brewpi, the brewpi screen shows the brewpi IP nr.
If i disconnect the the brewpi wifi network, I get: USB 0.0.0.0 however the flash wont work.

I have been struggling for some days now. Any help will be deeply appreciated :slight_smile:

No compatible USB devices found.txt (1.1 KB)

To verify USB, could you please run

lsusb

The Spark 3 should appear as a device with PID:VID 2b04:c008.

https://brewblox.netlify.app/user/troubleshooting.html#frequently-asked-questions shows more detailed expected output.

If the problem persists when lsusb can see the device, we found that it helps putting the device in safe mode first: https://docs.particle.io/tutorials/device-os/led/photon/#safe-mode

Hi
Thank you for your quick reply
I ran lsusb, I can’t seem to find the spark.
I have however tried 3 different usb cables, could all of them be bad?.. :grimacing:
Here are the results:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Technically it’s possible for three cables to be bad or data-only, but I would also check with different USB ports on the Pi.

Sorry for the dum question, but did you mean charge only?

Ah, that was indeed a typo.