Heating PID disappeared from Brewblox

I have Brewblox running on my Synology NAS for a fermentation fridge and it was working perfectly but this morning the heating PID had disappeared. I’ve tried researtting the controller, software and to make sure the connections on the heating PID side are still connected. I’m not sure what else to check?

Thanks,
Joel

Define “disappeared”? Did it disappear from the dashboard entirely, or is it showing “not found” errors?

Could you please run brewblox-ctl log?

I had the heating PID hooked up to a reptile heating pad in my fermentation chamber and it was working as expected. When I checked my fermentation this morning it was gone. And upon closer inspection the wifi signal attribute is also gone.

brewblox.log (121.4 KB)

It looks like the PID still exists, but there has been an error persisting its name.

If you go to the service page, does the block New|Pid-1 exist? If so, rename it to Heat PID.

This is all I am seeing in the Services page. Am I in the correct spot?

You’re in the right spot. It appears your heater chain was never created or no longer exists.

Could you please run brewblox-ctl particle -c eeprom ? This is the first time we hear about spontaneously vanishing blocks, so we’ll want to look into that in more detail.

Afterwards, to fix the problem, the easiest solution is probably to take note of your Cool PID settings (if changed), reset blocks, and re-run the wizard.

This is the result after running brewblox-ctl particle -c eeprom

edit: with running the wizard again the heating PID information has come back up.