Help with Spark Connection issue

Bob, Sorry to trouble you…I am experiencing the Spark communication issue on a regular basis. Any specific troubleshooting that I can do? Or should I try connecting the RPi to the Spark via the USB cable again? [And I was just getting used to having the RPi in my office and the Spark in the basement Brewery room, communicating over the WiFi network.}
Stefan

Could you please run brewblox-ctl log?

We solved some connection issues in the last release, but more remain. The Spark still suffers from hangups if the network resets. A manual reboot may help, but it depends on network stability.

Sorry for the delay, been away for a while. here is the log link https://termbin.com/ehgw

Stefan

And yes a manual reboot (pull the power, wait, reconnect) does work but only for an undetermined amount of time (24-48 hrs?)

Your logs are consistent with the spark having connection hangups: the service loses connection, and can’t find the spark anymore.
We have some changes in progress, but they’re not yet ready for release.

For now I’m afraid that if you’re experiencing issues, USB is indeed the more reliable option.

I can do that. It was nice having my RPi up here in the office, but I will move it back down next to the Spark.

Thanks again for all your help’
Stefan

As an update: we have a fix for the connection issues, and will be releasing that on monday.

1 Like