Herms using a fourth vessel with herm it coil inside

still got issues with this, I’m having to manually control the heating element in my fourth vessel, getting frustrated now with this, am I the only person having difficulties to get this to function correctly?

I’ve gone back to the first program that Bob kindly put up me, but I cannot get my fourth vessel to automatically control the mash temp, I have to keep adjusting the power to that element

If you still have the config, could you please export your blocks? (Spark service page, actions menu).
I’ll have a look at it - if a setting is that hard to find, then it is a shortcoming in the UI.

Hi Bob I’ll export the blocks when I return home from work, Wednesday 26th of August, I’m assuming its me thats doing something wrong somewhere as no one else seems to be having any issues, my only difference is that my fourth vessel has about 2 litres of water in it rather than the 35 litres that everyone else has?

I still have a HLT that is used to pump water into my MT & is used for my sparge water, after the sparge is completed, I use my fourth vessel to maintain my mash tun temperature, the wort passes through the fourth vessel that has a heating a heating element in it, after the mash is completed i fly sparge from the HLT into the MT whilst still recirculating through the fourth vessel to maintain the temperatures, once the wort is in the BK, I only use the BK element to boil the wort?

I suspect there’s some overlooked setting somewhere that’s causing trouble.
It’s the kind of thing we’d want to find and fix in your config, so we know where to improve our software so it won’t happen again to others.

I assume you mean UI logs?

brewblox-logs.json (2 Bytes)

You can export your blocks in the Spark service page (top right, actions menu)

brewblox-blocks-spark-one(1).json (23.4 KB)

It looks like both your HLT and HLT-2 are currently driven by a Setpoint Driver linked (indirectly) to MT temperature. Is this intentional?

I may have done it inadvertently to try & fix my problem with the fourth vessel not functioning correctly

The MT 2 PID and HLT 2 Setpoint Driver blocks shouldn’t be there.

You have a “HLT 2” chain and a “HERM-IT HLT” chain. I’m not sure which one controls your fourth / HERMS vessel, and which one is your HLT.

Remove the MT 2 PID and HLT 2 Setpoint Driver blocks, and set the target block of HERM-IT HLT Setpoint Driver to the Setpoint controlling your fourth vessel, and your setup should work.