HERMS with automated valves

Hi I’m building a HERMS with automated valves system and need some hardware advice. I started ordering materials in January. Unfortunately, there is a lack of some parts that have been back-listed. my plan was to have a Spark 3 and your old control board for valves. I have already bought valves. I wonder if I will be able to have the valves I have already bought. or are there completely new solutions for Spark 4. In that case, will you also sell valves, or how do I find out which valves I need to buy? /Christer

Spark 4 and its first gpio expansion board will be able to drive multiple valves at 12V or 24V directly.
It’s flexible enough to be compatible with any valve.

You will have 8 pins that are each a half h-bridge, so push/pull, pull-down or pull-up.
You can use up to 4 of these expansion modules, so you can connect 16 bidirectional motors or 32 unidirectional.

Thank you, will the expansion board become available at the same time as Spark4?
/Christer

Yes. We split the compute module and the IO expansion boards. Extension boards are stacked on top of the compute module, and the default package for the Spark 4 consists of a compute module + attached expansion board.

Short version: if you order the Spark 4, it comes with out of the box support for valves.

1 Like

Hi I am ordering some parts now, have been waiting a long time for heating elements, my plan was to order 5500w but they have been back listed for a long time now. So I decided to order 2 pcs 35 cm 8500 w, but there was only 1 pc left. I have the SS Brewtech 20 gallon kettle. 44 cm in diameter, which heating element do you recommend?
/Christer