Initial install help and Windows vs Raspberry Pi Q's

First of all, thank you Elco and team for creating an awesome product as well as all forum participants for providing a wealth of information.

I purchased the BrewPi Spark v3 after finding my legacy BrewPi of 4+ years (Rasp Pi + Arduino build) died a couple of months ago. I haven’t had much success with Windows 7 install, however, I tried on my Windows 10 laptop I’ve gotten much further. I set up the BrewPi server (Docker) on my Windows 10, and set up WiFi on the Spark (breathing green light and Hardware test screen with ip address displayed).

I’m running into trouble when trying to synch the BrewPi Spark with the brewpi in the docker container. I successfully changed the port setting in the config.cfg file using ms word (tried to use nano via docker console, however, all text was being overwritten when I was simply moving the cursor over any text). I can also open up the BrewPi dashboard on my Chrome browser, but can’t seem to exhibit any control over the Spark.
I would appreciate any help with this last step.

Also, despite trying the install this system on my windows machines, I am not opposed to purchasing RasPi 3 and having a dedicated BrewPi computer if it’s a more reliable or is simply a better system. What are the community’s opinions on running the docker server on a windows machine vs RasPi? Pros, Cons?

Thanks for your help

Arek

Good news - after restarting the brewpi container in portainer.io, re-applying my Spark ip address in the settings on the maintenance panel, and multiple device refreshes in the device config section of the maintenance panel, I was able to make it work.

My question still stands regarding RasPi - if it’s a more reliable or a better system. What are the community’s opinions on running the docker server on a windows machine vs RasPi? Pros, Cons?

Thanks