Installing Brewblox on Ubuntu 20.04 on Raspberry Pi

@Bob_Steers, Is Brewblox supported and possible to run Brewblox on a RasPi on Ubuntu 20.04.

I have gotten to the point of

Brewblox-ctrl setup but get the following errors.

ERROR: for history  no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

ERROR: for mdns  no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

ERROR: for datastore  no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

ERROR: for ui  no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

ERROR: for emitter  no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries
ERROR: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries
Command 'docker-compose pull' returned non-zero exit status 1```

You’re using the 64 bit version of ubuntu (linux/arm64/v8). We currently only build for linux/amd64 and linux/arm/v7 (32 bit).

I just ran a quick test, and it seems like our build tooling can generate linux/arm64 images. A bigger problem is that I see “datastore” in your list of errors. That’s an external dependency, and not built by us.

For now I recommend switching to the 32 bit version of ubuntu 20.04 for raspberry. That should work out of the box.

ARM64 support is certainly on the horizon, but neither we nor Raspbian are quite there yet.

1 Like

Thanks @Bob_Steers, I’ll install 32bit…