ISpindel + BrewPi

HI Elco,
Thanks for your reply,
I was unaware of the BrewBlox stack, it looks very promising
I will give it a try and see how I can contribute
Best regards
ben

:+1:Iā€™ll add you on our Developer slack.

Hi there,

Does anyone know why I get the following error:

Error response from daemon: pull access denied for charliwest/brewpi-ispindel, repository does not exist or may require 'docker loginā€˜

I have the latest brewpi Spark, all up to date.

Hi @cavok ,

I only just noticed this, did you get it working in the end?

Gā€™day Charliwest,

No unfortunately, not.

I have the ispindel outputting to a graph on ubidots, displaying temp and tilt. I can access this on the internet.

I tried to setup the brewpi so that I could access it on the internet (using a VPN) but couldnā€™t get it to work after many hours of trying.

So thereā€™s no real advantage for me to incorporate ispindel to brewpi until (if ever) I can work out how to connect to brewpi via the Internet. I have ubidots as a bookmark, so it displays instantly anyway.

I only use the ispindel to check the relative SG (I did not calibrate it) to check if fermentation has kicked off, and when it flattens out, finished. I use a refractometer as itā€™s fairly quick and easy to use. The temperature indications on the ispindel are very good too. The only issue that Iā€™ve had with the ispindel is the USB charger connector snapping off, so I now charge the battery directly with a lipo battery charger that I use to charge my drones (I just soldered a connector onto it). It was just easier than desoldering the whole board and putting a new one on.

Regards

Cavok

I see this thread is pretty old, looking for some insight though. I have BrewPi legacy, followed all the instructions to add iSpindel to my BrewPi. I can see that its logging into the CSV but my BrewPi screen is blank.

Not quite sure what I did wrong, the instructions are pretty straightforward.

You could check if the brewpi container can access the csv file (is it mounted? what are permissions?)

Beyond that Iā€™m afraid weā€™ve discontinued support for the brewpi and brewpi legacy software.
By now, BrewBlox has fully replaced both - and it has a plugin for the iSpindel at https://github.com/bdelbosc/brewblox-ispindel.