Live LCD display missing after update

Hi,

I have been running BrewPI for a coule of years without problem. I recently added another fermenter to my system as well as another RPI.

The Raspbian OS that was installed on the new card showed several differences, the main was the /etc/network/interfaces file was blank. After some searching online I found that the wifi settings go in the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file instead. Once configuring the wifi connection and installing the BrewPI software I tried the web interface to make sure it worked and noticed that the LCD display was missing…

I’m assuming that this is a newer version of Raspian and various elements have been changed. So I guess the newer version of Raspbian has something to do with the LCD not displaying. I am still running RPI’s on older versions of Raspbian and the interface displays without issue.

I tried updating chromium, sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get upgrade, sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Matt.

Hi Matt,

That live LCD display was removed from the current version, because the BrewPi Spark does not have a character based LCD display anymore. It was a relic from the the Arduino days and now has been replaced by displaying all active temperature sensors instead.

If you are running on an Arduino, make sure you check out the legacy branch. If you are running on a Spark, thank you for supporting us and all temperature will display in that big empty area in the middle when you run the script and connect to the Spark.

You can also try or new docker install process described on wiki.brewpi.com. Then you can run multiple BrewPi servers on a single Raspberry Pi and have a quicker install process.

Thanks Elco,

I am running an Arduino, so I plugged everything in and updated with the legacy path. The LCD Display came back and all is working as it did before.

I tried to set up multiple servers on a single PI a few months ago, but didn’t have any success. I may re-visit the wiki to see if the docker install process works better.