Monitor Problem

Which plug do you mean?
Did you open it and look at the tag connect debug pads?

I mean the large cable for the screen (see picture). I’ve opend the side holder (arrow ri. & le.)

than i loosened and reinserted the cable and than i closed the holder again. After that the screen was ok again for about 3 days (befor this, the screen comes to white appox. 15min after start the system

That looks fine. Inserted properly and pushed the locks in all the way.

But I asked about the other side of the PCB, near the LED check the JTAG connector for any residue of the soldering process. The SPI signals that drive the display are also connected to this debug connector and a small short between the pins could cause display issues.

Hmmm… see picture att. - this is the back side of the connector, i mean there are some solder residue…?!

There’s another pict. from the frontside of the connector: there are also soldering residue on some points… isn’t it??

The pins that are shorted together are for power and that’s normal.
The 3 vias next to U2 is where the SPI signals are routed. I think what you see there is just some dried up flux that should be harmless, but you could brush it off with some alcohol to be sure.

But this was not the place I meant. The JTAG connector, on the other side of the board.

…i think this part is ok…?

Yes that’s not the problem. I’ll send you a new display. I think that’s most likely the problem.

O.k. - thank you

br
Tom