New Release Giving Me New Troubles

Updated to 1/21/22 and set off on fermentation last night.
Quick Actions that assign set point value with a pop up get stuck intermittently on *C regardless of temperature unit preference.
When this behavior is exhibited, the most recent actions do not highlight green.
Moments later, function is normal.

A quick action I’ve set up to start the fermentation profile has a pop up to assign the start date/time. The start date/time is stuck on its current value. I can enter a new value, but upon clicking OK, returning the confirm start time window, the value remains unchanged.

Both of these findings are new behaviors on existing actions that have been working great for quite some time now.

Could you please run brewblox-ctl log?

https://termbin.com/xi54

apologies for the delay.
thank you.

I’m seeing some DS2413 and sensor connect/disconnect events. Did you unplug them manually, or did they lose connection? The second can happen if the cables are overly long or accidentally create an antenna.

Other than this, nothing seems out of the ordinary. Do you get any errors when trying to apply the profile?

The cable is a bit long, but never given me troubles. I was moving things around the other day and the RJ-12 plug was pulled out a bit from the jack, but still clicked in. I pushed that back in all the way. Behavior didn’t change.

No error when applying the profile. It gets applied with that undesired date as a start date/time. Throws the current set point far off from the desired, but I can then go to the profile and change the start date/time there.

Just performed another update and flash. Nothing should have changed but I found this:

INFO Updating brewblox-ctl…
Looking in indexes: Simple index, piwheels - Simple index
Requirement already satisfied: pip in ./.venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages (21.3.1)
Collecting pip
Downloading https://www.piwheels.org/simple/pip/pip-22.0.3-py3-none-any.whl (2.1 MB)
|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 2.1 MB 379 kB/s
Installing collected packages: pip
Attempting uninstall: pip
Found existing installation: pip 21.3.1
Uninstalling pip-21.3.1:
Successfully uninstalled pip-21.3.1
Successfully installed pip-22.0.3

I studied the behavior more…
When applying the fermentation profile, the confirm start time window, does not update when changing the value from the edit value window.
But it does apply the correct value for start date/time.

Trick is the fermentation profile does not update the chart until you expand that window and come back.

So the problem appears to be a UI reactivity issue, and not a firmware bug. That’s very good to know. Thanks for investigating!

I’ll make an issue for it. If the bug is what I suspect it to be, it should be a quick fix.

1 Like

Thank you sir, for your reliable patience and dedication! :smiley:

Cranked up a new fermentation on 5/22 using the same (latest release). UI behavior remains the same, of course. The Spark 3 display froze again 9 days into fermentation. All controls remain functional and the graphs are reporting accurate data. Only the Spark 3 display is stuck at the values that were real on day 9.

A fix for what I’m reasonably sure is this problem is already in the pipeline. We’re busy fine-tuning the last two features and double checking everything else so we can push all changes live. This includes a fix for the UI issue.

2 Likes