Pip pprint 404 error when updating

I’m getting the following error when running brewbox-ctl update. That url doesn’t seem to exist, the closest I can find is https://pypi.org/simple/buck-pprint/.

Collecting pprint<0.2,>=0.1 (from brewblox-ctl)
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 215, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 342, in run
    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 380, in prepare_files
    ignore_dependencies=self.ignore_dependencies))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 554, in _prepare_file
    require_hashes
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/req/req_install.py", line 278, in populate_link
    self.link = finder.find_requirement(self, upgrade)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 465, in find_requirement
    all_candidates = self.find_all_candidates(req.name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 423, in find_all_candidates
    for page in self._get_pages(url_locations, project_name):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 568, in _get_pages
    page = self._get_page(location)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 683, in _get_page
    return HTMLPage.get_page(link, session=self.session)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 795, in get_page
    resp.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/share/python-wheels/requests-2.12.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl/requests/models.py", line 893, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
pip._vendor.requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://pypi.org/simple/pprint/
Command '/usr/bin/python3 -m pip install --user --upgrade --no-cache-dir brewblox-ctl' returned non-zero exit status 2

It looks like somebody took the package offline sometime yesterday.
I just pushed a quick fix. If you re-run brewblox-ctl update, it should now install brewblox-ctl 0.21.8.

I started a new fermentation without updating. Any reason to wait until it’s done to test the hotfix, Or are you pretty confident it should work or at least fail safe?

That’d depend on when you last updated.

If the timing matters: we expect the next release in ~2 weeks.

Firmware version - 27d2a967 (2020-05-13)

I’ve realized that I don’t know how to find the brewblox release version. brewblox-ctl env list doesn’t seem to do the trick. The bug reporting menu in the UI says build date: 2020-06-02T16:34:22.936Z but that doesn’t seem to correspond with any of the release dates from the change logs.

The UI / firmware release dates are pretty good indicators. A UI build date between releases means you have a hotfix build for the UI.

The big changes are that we migrated the eventbus protocol, and rewrote some OneWire firmware code.

The eventbus change is relevant if you were using a Tilt/iSpindel service, and the OneWire change fixed some hangups in DS2413 extension boards.

Unless you’re making extensive use of extension boards, there is no pressing reason to upgrade in the middle of an active fermentation.