Probes not giving a reading

On a related issue - i have now installed the spark 4 and I can export the layouts from the old spark 3 service. But how do I import them ??

Also, I would like to rename the service from the default “spark-one”, but am a bit worried there might be conflicts. Whats the simplest operation?

Thanks
Peter

Layouts aren’t stored on the controller. Having them use data from the new Spark is a matter of updating settings in the layout. If your layouts are on the larger side, this could probably best be done fastest with terminal commands to do a string rename.

You can rename the service by editing your docker-compose.yml file, and changing “spark-one” to the name of your choice. It will be in two places: the service key, and in the service command.

• Block names will be retained
  • layouts will need to be updated
  • dashboard widgets need to be replaced
  • history data will now be published under the new name

Again, if this would be a lot of work, then running a string replace on datastore data could be more convenient.

Hi, but I am also going to be changing the raspberry pi. So i need to know where they are stored, what else do i need to move over to the new pi?

Cheers

The process to migrate between installs on the Pi is more streamlined: Upgrading your system | Brewblox

Ok Bob,

mostly done now, but I have these two redundant services hanging around.

i’ve tried with these commands: but no joy, they just keep hanging around.
brewblox-ctl service remove spark-fvcontrol

Here is the log:
https://termbin.com/ihsx

Hope you can help.
cheers
Peter

In the admin page, remove the services from the UI as well, then run brewblox-ctl restart eventbus, and refresh the UI to get rid of the cached state.