Problem showing Log1 temperature on graph

Hi all,

I just update a 2016 install (spark 2) that have always been running like a charm since then.
Raspberry pi reinstalled fresh on lite, docker running great as well as brewpi.
The setup have been tested, it’s all good. So why am I here posting about a troubleshooting issue then ?

Well I understand that now there is not more “room temperature” sensor but rather Log1, Log2 & Log3 we can assign to whatever we feel like.
So I’ve setup my ex-room temperature sensor to Log1, but I can’t get it to show up on the graph ? I can definitely see it working in the “Device Configuration”, with the temperature, but I get it to show up anywhere else.
I hope I’m just missing a simple configuration somewhere, as much as I understand this is not an important problem, I liked to have the temperature room on the graph.

Well ok, it seems now everything is on brewblox … well ok I’ll migrate to that too then.

1 Like

Job done, I’m on brewblox, all is running fine.
I managed to learn and discover a bit of it with the time I had available.
Fermentation fridge setup done, I managed to add my extra temperature prob for the room temperature and have it on the graph, Hooray !

So now, mission from today would be to configure a dynamic fridge setpoint.
Then I’ll be keen to explore the possibility to attach a webhook to send data to brewfather.

2 Likes

Happy to hear it’s working well!

The mandatory disclaimer is that we ditched the dynamic fridge setpoint because direct control was working just fine.
That said: relevant documentation can be found here, and here.

For third-party additions (such as calling webhooks), we have a boilerplate repository that can be used as template. This includes example code for waking up every X time, getting data over REST, and then sending it somewhere else.

Thanks for that @Bob_Steers
I can confirm that the direct control is working just fine, no need to bother making the process more complex for nothing.
I had still implemented it for testing purposes but finally decided to rollback to normal since it was working fine. It helped me understand brewblox far better though !

2 Likes