Pump Controller fail?

Hi Elco,

I have a three vessel HERMS setup using two of your 24v Topsflow pumps with speed control boards. Each has its own 24v power supply.
All has been working well until today when during a brew I noticed that the pump used for recirculating the mash was barely able to move the fluid. Swapping power with the second pump just transferred the problem to that pump. So it seems both pumps are good.
I have checked the voltage values across the terminals and red/black on both boards is 24v, on the problem board between the signal wire(blue) and black I only get 1.6v even when on max. The other board registers 4.9v on max. I have also swapped the individual 24v sources around but this makes no difference to the problem board.
Have I missed something or is this board failing/failed?

Cheers
Dave.

I think this is a hardware issue with the pump board. Can you send it back? I’ll fix or replace it…

Yes can do, to Torenallee 32-06 Eindhoven Noord-Brabant Netherlands 5617BD.?

The correct address is:

BrewPi B.V.
Torenallee 32-42
5617BD Eindhoven
The Netherlands

Sorry was impatient, already sent to 32-06, hope you have a good postie.

I also still share that office with another company, so it’s fine.

Thanks that’s a relief.

Hi Elco,

I seem to be unable to use the pump in combination with the controller board. 24v is is hooked up, and all three output wires are connected to the pump. No brewpi input is wanted thus not connected.
All the rotary button does is on/off, there is no speed control?

The blue wire should provide the speed control signal. If it is constant 5V with the knob just past the click, something is wrong.

Yeah, it is. Was like that from the start, thought i had miswired it. Do you have any working controllers lying around?

I don’t, because I developed a new version but it is not in production yet. If you ship it back, I’ll fix the board that you already have.

Great. Still the address you posted on jan 7?
Thanks for the quick support as always.

Yes, Torenallee 32-42 in Eindhoven.

Hoi Elco, ik had de pomp nodig tijdens het brouwen. Ik kan nu met zekerheid zeggen dat het bordje kapot is, daar het ging smeulen tijdens gebruik. Een zwarte vlek op het bordje nu. Heeft het nog zin om het op te sturen?
Of is er een andere oplossing te bedenken voor het aansturen van de pomp?

I’ll send you a PM to resolve this. The other readers might have difficulty understanding Dutch.

Hi elco, i’ve the pump controller for td5 topsflo but i don’t understand how i can connect the pump with controller. Can you help me please?

If you got the pump controller we sold, the connector color matches the wires of the pump.