Remove/disable wifi on Spark 2 controller?

Greetings from Norway (again) :slight_smile:

It seems that I can’t find any commands on how to disable/remove the wifi I set on my Spark 2 running latest Brewblox. I only want to connect/use it via USB on the Pi.

Anyone who can help me out?

To erase the stored Wi-Fi networks on your P1/Photon, hold the SETUP button until it blinks dark blue, then continue to hold it down for about ten seconds longer, until the RGB LED blinks blue rapidly, then release.

Alternatively, add this to your spark service environment variables to only look for devices on USB:

- BREWBLOX_SPARK_DISCOVERY=usb

And enable the USB proxy by adding this to your brewblox.yml file.

usb_proxy:
  enabled: true

We moved USB support to a separate service so the devcon container doesn’t need to run privileged. The spark 4 doesn’t use USB for communication.

1 Like

Great again, the SETUP buttons work as a charm :slight_smile: … and added the proxy.

Thank you!

My Spark 2 for my fermentation fridge is connected to my Pi with USB. I thought your recommendation was to keep the WiFi connection, too? I forget the nuance, if there was one… or, does the USB connection provide everything, and the WiFi is not needed if directly connected with USB. Maybe it was a NTP thing?

It indeed needs wifi for ntp.
We update the time when it first connects over USB, but only then.

If you use BREWBLOX_SPARK_DISCOVERY=usb, it will use USB for communication between server and spark.