Script quit running and wont restart

I hit the button to run the script but it does not respond. The log is showing this error:

Could not open port socket://192.168.1.181:6666: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I should mention that this happened in the middle of a brew.

Cant access the portainer page now either.

I removed and added back the portainer and brewpi container but I’m still getting this in the logs:

Aug 03 2017 00:20:04 Notification: Script started for beer 'Pliny the Elder DIPA’
Aug 03 2017 00:20:04 Connecting to controller…
Aug 03 2017 00:20:04 Opening serial port
Aug 03 2017 00:20:15 Errors while opening serial port:
Could not open port socket://192.168.1.181:6666: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Any ideas @elco?

Have the same issue. Rebooting the brewpi itself solves it temporary for me.

@sbron When the brewpi reboots does it lose the profile its running? I have a beer in and would hate to see it spike the temperature or something.

When i reboot my brewpi it continues the same as before the reboot. But the difference is that i can connect again :wink: But notice i did it when the brewpi was idle. I don’t know exactly what happens if the brewpi was cooling/heating at that moment. Maybe after reboot the dead timer must expire before cooling/heating again?

1 Like

That did it! It was idle when I power cycled it. When I reloaded the page it showed the script running and everything like normal. I was figuring all of that data was going to be lost… whew!

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

:slight_smile: I hope this is fixed in 0.5.3-rc.2

You can try it, but it is a pre-release that hasn’t had much testing.

Hi @gonzo,

I confirm what @elco is saying. I had the same problem as you (that was due to the TCP socket not being freed) and since 0.5.3-rc2, it has been working great for me since the upgrade.

Guillaume

1 Like