Single phase AC glycol pump set up input

Newbie question. Looking for some guidance on AC pump control for a glycol set up with BrewBlox.

My fermentation set up is a jacketed conical and glycol chiller with a 115v/60Hz single phase agitator motor that circulates the glycol mix through the jacket. No conical heating at this point and the glycol temp is constant. My only power source is 120v single phase AC. Because the pump is an integral part of the unit, I would greatly prefer not to change it out.

Following brewblox quick start, I have configured a fermentation process that includes a “Cool PWM” block that controls the “Cool Actuator” block wired to a 10A SSR and then the pump.

From reading the community and elsewhere, it seems like there a risk that using the PWM block will damage the AC pump over time. To prevent this, are there specific PWM or other settings I should change? Presuming the pump is compatible with VFD, would it be better to install a single phase input/single phase output VFD between the SSR and pump?

I’m presuming that removing the PWM block will suboptimize my ability to control ferment temperature.

Alternatively, because I am only using the chiller for fermentation, I could control both pump (without PWM) and chiller temp if this would get better control and avoid the expense of a VFD.

This is very slow PWM, with a period of, for example, 30m. So it is just like turning it on and off.

You can set up a minimum ON time and a minimum OFF time to avoid quick cycling too.

We also use this on compressors, which need a minimum off-time of a few minutes to avoid pressure build-up caused by quick cycling.