Spark 4 build mounting questions

I’m contemplating a rebuild of my equipment and getting a spark 4. I’d like to mount the spark 4 display on the door of an enclosure box. Is there any advice on how this is best achieved?

If I need 2 or more 1-wire/GPIO modules the stack will likely get too tall. Can I mount the extras to the side with a 26 pin GPIO extension cable? Can the modules be mounted on a din rail or screwed onto a board? Wasn’t sure if the bottom module (or spark) had its connector blocked by the din rail mount?

Thank you.

Ah, I think I can partly answer my own question (!) as I’ve seen a photo of the 1-wire/gpio modules mounted sideways on a din rail.

@barbuduccle

I mounted my display on the outside of my panel. I got a 25cm ribbon cable and printed a custom case for the spark and the I/O board, including a din rail mount. It allows the ribbon cable to hook to the Spark, while being mostly protected otherwise. I also had to print a custom bezel to hold the display in the door of my panel.

1 Like

That looks a nice setup :slightly_smiling_face:
What dimensions is your control panel enclosure?

I see there are some screws on the inside going into the display. Do they screw into the bezel that you made or the display itself?

Hmm, have been looking for an excuse to get a 3D printer!!

My panel is about 16” x 16” x 8”. The custom bezel I made has 4 screws that overlap the bezel and the door, and 4 screws that overlap the bezel and the screen.

Thanks for that, gives me a good idea what to aim at.

@MyloFiore if love to see some details on your build and software configuration!

Anything specifically?

Setup looks awesome. Any chance you would be willing to share your 3D printing file for your bezel?

Looking to do a similar setup with a plastic panel enclosure for my fermentor.

SparkBezel.stl (80.2 KB)

I think I used conventional computer case screws, both to hold the display to the bezel, and the bezel to the case. IIRC, I might have had to add some glue, as the screw holes were a bit big, and I was too lazy to reprint.

Awesome! Thank you. Figuring out the screws is much easier than starting from scratch to learn 3d print design.