Temp Sensors Added With Calibration "j": 121.375


#1

Strange problem here.
Updated the firmware in my photon to the latest (0.5.6) and lost all configured devices.
No problem… just add them back. Only take a minute.

So… add them back I did, but what I found is all the temp sensors were added in with “j”: 121.375

Temperatures were all reading correctly when reading from list of available devices. For some reason they all received a calibration of 121.375 when configured in.

Weird… I’m connecting the photon via wifi to raspberry but have just set up a docker container with latest
brewpi on a QNAP NAS so might try that now its working.

Where should I start looking. I’ve never calibrated any sensors on my setup so don’t know where it could be coming from.

Thanks for any advice with this.

Greg


#2

So, an update on this.
Decided to remove the existing brewpi install on the raspberry and use a docker container.
When adding in the devices they still ended up with the same temperature offset / calibration, although this time I did not see the “j”:121.375 sequence in the string.

This makes me think I just need to either clear the photon or send a new 0.0 calibration but can’t seem to figure out how to drive “screen”. As soon as I type anything once in “screen” I just get line after line of text from the photon… :frowning:


#3

I just had exactly the same issue with a BrewPi I received in the post today. It already had 0.5.6 installed.

As with you, my 2 sensors were displaying correctly when first attached but once I assigned them they received a value of "j": 121.375.

I’m keen to update another one I already had from 0.5.4 to 0.5.6 but holding off for now.


#4

I found a bug. When the calibration setting omitted, it was not initialized properly.
I have pushed a new version. Please update to 0.5.7.

I also updated the UI to add a configuration field for the calibration offset.


#5

Great, thanks.
0.5.7 tested and I can confirm that it fixes the problem.
:slight_smile:

Thanks again for the excellent support.

Greg


#6

Hi @Elco I think I may have found a bug with the latest firmware (or I’m doing something wrong). When I try and assign a DS2413 device and then “Refresh Device List” the “Output” is blank. It wasn’t doing this previously:

Here’s the log after I refresh devices:

Jul 26 2018 21:56:53 Installed devices received: [{"a": "28C83D090600000A", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 5, "i": 0, "h": 2, "j": 0.0, "p": 0, "t": 1, "v": 9.563}, {"a": "28DA5E0906000060", "c": 1, "b": 1, "d": 0, "f": 9, "i": 1, "h": 2, "j": 0.0, "p": 0, "t": 1, "v": 7.375}, {"a": "28E9C90A060000BA", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 6, "i": 2, "h": 2, "j": 0.0, "p": 0, "t": 1, "v": 20.375}, {"a": "3ABB101C00000036", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 3, "i": 3, "h": 3, "n": -1, "p": 0, "t": 3, "v": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3A630F1C00000040", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 2, "i": 4, "h": 3, "n": -1, "p": 0, "t": 3, "v": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3A6A121C00000046", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 8, "i": 5, "h": 3, "n": -1, "p": 0, "t": 3, "v": 2, "x": 0}] Jul 26 2018 21:56:54 Available devices received: [{"a": "3A6A121C00000046", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 0, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3A6A121C00000046", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 1, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3A630F1C00000040", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 0, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3A630F1C00000040", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 1, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3ABB101C00000036", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 0, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"a": "3ABB101C00000036", "c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 3, "n": 1, "p": 0, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 1, "p": 17, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 1, "p": 16, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 1, "p": 11, "t": 0, "x": 0}, {"c": 1, "b": 0, "d": 0, "f": 0, "i": -1, "h": 1, "p": 10, "t": 0, "x": 0}]

I think that “n” is the Output channel and it is being set to 0 or 1 but returned as -1.


#7

@Elco Yep same issue here, and I can only add one of the output A or B not both.


#8

@Elco from looking at the commits my guess is it’s related to the change you made in DeviceManager.h. It seems that maybe actuator.pio isn’t getting copied and it’s -1 due to the new initialisation code.


#9

@Dan, that’s correct. And I have just released a bugfix.