Temporary Loss of Cooling

I’ve been lagering for a couple of weeks and noticed today that the cooling temporarily stopped around 15:10. has been pretty rock solid for the last couple of weeks at maintaining temp.

Any thoughts on what caused this blip looks like maybe a wee network reset just beforehand from what I can make out from the graph. Could this have contributed?

I think I’m going to go back to connecting via USB anyway as more stable than my wifi :slight_smile:

Logs

https://termbin.com/ydhu4

Pid Graph

Ferment Graph

It looks like around 15:10, connection between the spark and the spark service dropped for ~5 minutes. If you hover over those perfectly straight lines, it should show no points.

Your logs show a controller uptime of 2h. It looks like your controller had a hangup and then rebooted around 15:15. Some volatile PID I state was lost, and had to be built up again.

This is in line with suspicions about there being a bug / resource leak in the firmware wifi handler.
If you switch to USB, could you please let it run for a day or so, and then run brewblox-ctl log?

@Elco may want to take a look at this on the firmware side.

As a side note: I’m seeing a lot of bluetooth errors: Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84). At a guess, the connection to your Tilt is somewhat unstable.

1 Like

Yeah sorry should have said the tilt is not in the fermentation vessel so im guessing its just trying to connect to a sleeping Tilt. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response on the other points, have connected over USB and will do a log dump at some point over the weekend and attach to this thread.

No worries - it was merely an observation. It’s not uncommon for Bluetooth devices such as the Tilt to have bad reception when placed inside a stainless steel container and/or a fridge.
It doesn’t seem to be causing any problems for the Spark.

Thanks! Wifi-related issues tend to be a pain to debug, and this really helps.

@Bob_Steers changed to USB connection and seems to have been very stable over the weekend with no odd behaviours.

I noticed there is still a lot of socket errors in the log file, is this expected even when running on USB?

Log file as requested

https://termbin.com/85ee

Thanks! It indeed seems to be completely stable now.

You don’t need to worry about the socket errors. The error is that the connection between the eventbus and the UI was interrupted. This happens when you refresh or close the UI.