Troubleshooting the legacy hardware

I know this is going to be the favorite topic of y’all! :slight_smile:

I had a really freak accident, I am fine, just my brewpi legacy setup had to suffer. Just to entertain you all here what happened. My 5 year old starsan bottle that was 1/4 full and 4 feet above the brewpi setup self popped and the liquid dropped on top of my legacy setup.

The old plastic enclosures did pretty good but starsan is acidic and as of result of that the tollowing happened

• the screen no longer starts up (I feel that the knob is shortcut)
  • arduino shorted (its amazing how much damage undeluded starsan can do)
  • my pi escaped unharmed inspite it was on top of the arduino box
  • the speaker on the screen box still beeps at testarts

Anyhow, I replaced and reprogrammed my new arduino but

• the sensors are no longer configured, had that happen before after upgrades but I can’t seem to be able to get a read from the onewire. I get no addresses.

No installed devices found
Parsing available devices
Device list updated for uno with a revC shield
No installed devices found
Parsing available devices
Device list updated for uno with a revC shield
Device config command sent, U:{β€œi”:"-1",β€œc”:β€œ1”,β€œb”:β€œ0”,β€œf”:β€œ0”,β€œh”:β€œ1”,β€œp”:β€œ2”,β€œx”:β€œ1”}
Device config command sent, U:{β€œi”:"-1",β€œc”:β€œ1”,β€œb”:β€œ0”,β€œf”:β€œ0”,β€œh”:β€œ1”,β€œp”:β€œ2”,β€œx”:β€œ1”}
Device config command sent, U:{β€œi”:"-1",β€œc”:β€œ1”,β€œb”:β€œ1”,β€œf”:β€œ0”,β€œh”:β€œ1”,β€œp”:β€œ2”,β€œx”:β€œ1”}
Device config command sent, U:{β€œi”:"-1",β€œc”:β€œ1”,β€œb”:β€œ1”,β€œf”:β€œ0”,β€œh”:β€œ1”,β€œp”:β€œ2”,β€œx”:β€œ1”}

The thing is I unwired the data bus and I think I put it back together well still no luck.

Any ideas where I can find the old docs just to double check I did ok.

@Elco, if I were to upgrade to the new spark mode, would i just need the new black box that’s replacing arduino ? How do I upgrade my connections to the newer connector style ? I assume there is no old board and knobs around to purchase…

Brew safer :)!
Q

So I see 5 devices, there is hope I have 3 sensors and 2 actuators but can’t seem to be able to install them.

Aug 06 2018 21:31:21 Installed devices received: []
Aug 06 2018 21:31:21 Available devices received: [{β€œc”: 1, β€œb”: 0, β€œd”: 0, β€œf”: 0, β€œi”: -1, β€œh”: 1, β€œp”: 2, β€œt”: 0, β€œx”: 1}, {β€œc”: 1, β€œb”: 0, β€œd”: 0, β€œf”: 0, β€œi”: -1, β€œh”: 1, β€œp”: 5, β€œt”: 0, β€œx”: 1}, {β€œc”: 1, β€œb”: 0, β€œd”: 0, β€œf”: 0, β€œi”: -1, β€œh”: 1, β€œp”: 6, β€œt”: 0, β€œx”: 1}, {β€œc”: 1, β€œb”: 0, β€œd”: 0, β€œf”: 0, β€œi”: -1, β€œh”: 1, β€œp”: 19, β€œt”: 0, β€œx”: 1}, {β€œc”: 1, β€œb”: 0, β€œd”: 0, β€œf”: 0, β€œi”: -1, β€œh”: 1, β€œp”: 4, β€œt”: 0, β€œx”: 1}]

I am yet to debug this but I was wondering if anyone has any knob and breadboad that controls the screen/knob available ?

Most likely is a power related issue but I am prepping my backup.

Cheers!