Trying to understand predictive on-off algorithm

I’m trying to understand how the control algorithm works, in order to fine tune my constants.
I am having a slight oscillation of plus or minus of 0.2C and I’m playing with the settings. It’s not a problem, but I want to understand better how the whole controller works. I know the PID logic, but I’m focusing on the predictive on/off algorithm-function.

How can I decrease or increase the time that the heater is on?
When does it start heating and when does it stop?

For example, the fridge setpoint is 20C and the fridge temperature is 19.5C and droping. I believe that when the difference between fridge setpoint and fridge temperature is over 1C (or whatever value we have in advanced settings) the heater will kick in. Am I right so far?

Next how long will the heater be active? The Control algorithm page mentions Estimated Peak, Last target positive peak and Heating overshoot estimator, along with the negative or cooling values. How do these values contribute to the calculation of the time that the heater will be on? Is the following function true?
(Hours of heater active) = (Estimated Peak) / (estimator)

Oh, and another thing. The peaks that the algorithm takes into account are peaks of the Fridge’s temperature or are they referring to the beer itselft? Is there any time limit that the algorithm searches for a positive or negative peak?

I have brewpi legacy, only for fermentation control with Revc board and latest firmware.