2 Spark V2 - 1 Raspberry Pi 3 - Start to finish no frills instructions

So the ability to get 1 Pi and 1 Spark v2 up and running is easy.

sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/BrewPi/brewpi-tools.git ~/brewpi-tools
sudo ~/brewpi-tools/install.sh

After reading through the OLD multi chanber instructions, I’m at a loss as the commands don’t list any connected sparks that are in test mode or production mode. Seems all the pages and such could use a MAJOR rework.

Does anyone have, start to finish instructions to setup 1 Pi that’s connected to 2 Spark v2?

NOTE: I get that in the future there will be multiple change support native to Spark v2. But that is in the future and not fitting my needs for today. Native ports on the spark can handle 2 fermenters, in the future I want to have 4 fermenters once the spark supports multi chamber. I have 2 chambers that need to be controlled and don’t want to buy another Pi. In the past I was able to use the OLD multi chamber instructions to setup 2 Arduinos, but not seeing how to get the Spark details to complete the needed steps to create the udev rules.

1 Like

Tried to setup like i did with multiple arduinos, but subing out that contect for current HW. I can see the udev links up based on what USB port has a spark v2 plugged in, I configured the BrewPi ID, directories for more than 1 spark connection :conical1/conical2 and when I load up the webpage for each, the script won’t load and I get the following error when I try to read device configuration:
Error while receiving device configuration: SyntaxError: Unexpected token C in JSON at position 0

I went back through all the steps to make sure I didn’t have a typo (/var/www/html - because of jessie). redid the permissions steps for the directories, reboots. Just not sure what else could be the issue.

Any ideas?

After pouring through the manual setup instructions and capturing some directories from the Raspberry Pi, I was able to review the install.sh file used for auto install and found some differences in needed software. Once rectified, all is now working. Attached are a no frills version of the install steps needed to make all this work.Multichamber setup for Sparkv2.txt (4.9 KB)